1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36
gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/19 2:36 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to gumby :

I got to say that if I was worried my street car couldn't make the 10 mile round trip drive... I'm screwed. It has 877 miles just to get there. 

You and me both! Are you still planning to travel thru the night?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/23/19 2:49 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

FWIW, La Fiesta is delicious. It's a sit-down place with great margaritas, too. 

Local knowledge is the best knowledge. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/23/19 2:50 p.m.

If we survive this first leg, the trip to the Taco emporium should be a piece of cake.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/23/19 2:55 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

You've got me beat, but not by too much...I'm going to be picking up a set of wheels on the way.

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
9/23/19 5:03 p.m.

I am heading down Sunday the 20th. Making a vacation out of it. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/23/19 6:09 p.m.
gumby said:
bobzilla said:

In reply to gumby :

I got to say that if I was worried my street car couldn't make the 10 mile round trip drive... I'm screwed. It has 877 miles just to get there. 

You and me both! Are you still planning to travel thru the night?

Yeah. Now that Jen is coming along it’ll be easier. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/19 7:52 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to bluej :

I feel however the Florida truck bed passenger laws feel cheeky

This IS Florida we're talking about... Florida, man. ;) 

AWSX1686
9/24/19 7:56 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to bluej :

I feel however the Florida truck bed passenger laws feel cheeky

This IS Florida we're talking about... Florida, man. ;) 

Looks like adults are good actually. Link

mazdeuce - Seth
9/24/19 1:10 p.m.

If you wanted your name on the back but don't see it, let me know. If you do see it, but I did it wrong, let me know. If you're Nonak don't worry, I'll get you later. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/24/19 1:44 p.m.

Can i get in on a shirt (non-gastropod, but screenename) or is it too late?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/19 1:59 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

If you wanted your name on the back but don't see it, let me know. If you do see it, but I did it wrong, let me know. If you're Nonak don't worry, I'll get you later. 

can I get in on the next round? I don't need it in time for the challenge, but would definitley like to have one. Also love the maroon.

mazdeuce - Seth
9/24/19 2:29 p.m.

In reply to bluej :

Absolutely. Send me an email at ttwo.elm at gmail.com and include size and I'll start the after Challenge list. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/24/19 2:31 p.m.

I am considering a last minute Gastropod...

Does that change anything?

mazdeuce - Seth
9/24/19 2:39 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

It changes my perception of you as a person? laugh

If you want a shirt after the challenge then you can get ahold of me and I'll add you to the second round. 

bluej
9/24/19 3:09 p.m.

I wish there were a way for gastro entries to be flagged on motorsports reg. I want to know exactly what we're stacked up against!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/24/19 3:24 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to SVreX :

If you want a shirt after the challenge then you can get ahold of me and I'll add you to the second round. 

Pretty sure there is no hope for that.  Perception of me as a person is likely pretty well solidified around here!  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/24/19 3:42 p.m.
SVreX said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to SVreX :

Pretty sure there is no hope for that.  Perception of me as a person is likely pretty well solidified around here!  

oh, not at all. I don't make my mind up until I see someone. Then I judge freely. and often. 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/24/19 4:25 p.m.

Anyone need a last-minute push towards a bad decision? I've got options for ya! How about a comfortable RWD V8 coupe?

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/morrisville-1993-mercury-cougar-xr-7/6985513918.html

Or perhaps a sporty FWD V6 compact?

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/d/auburndale-mercury-cougar-2002-v6/6984332918.html

I hear small convertibles are good at racing. Maybe this one will be an easy fix(or might survive an autocross with no coolant)?

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/mauston-1991-mercury-capri-xr2/6983508818.html

What about a nice, practical family sedan with a 5-speed?

https://martinsburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/halltown-2006-mercury-milan/6977915859.html

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/19 4:29 p.m.
bluej said:

I wish there were a way for gastro entries to be flagged on motorsports reg. I want to know exactly what we're stacked up against!

MSR indicator would be nice, but you have a partial list of screen names to stalk now!
Off the top of my head, I see, your truck, 2 Jags, my SHO, and a Tiburon. I think there is a Boxster in that list, and a nx2000, and I would have to dig to confirm others

bluej
9/24/19 4:47 p.m.

Oooo boxster. Crap. Hah.

AWSX1686
9/24/19 6:02 p.m.
gumby said:
bluej said:

MSR indicator would be nice, but you have a partial list of screen names to stalk now!
Off the top of my head, I see, your truck, 2 Jags, my SHO, and a Tiburon. I think there is a Boxster in that list, and a nv2000, and I would have to dig to confirm others

Me,GSMITH, & CSMITH are bringing CSMITH's 94 miata. Nothing too crazy, but should be fun.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/24/19 6:41 p.m.
bluej said:

Oooo boxster. Crap. Hah.

Uh, probably should have mentioned this before but we're hopelessly outgunned.  Trying to compete for the overall with a gastropod would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight- so gastropod class is a knife fight, and we're bringing a plastic spork.  Economical, versatile, maybe even kind of pointy, but decidedly not a weapon cheeky

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
9/24/19 7:58 p.m.

I didn't see my name on the list seth.  I am bringing a decidedly un-knifelike nx2000.

...and I am not scared of a boxster!

bluej
9/24/19 10:58 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
bluej said:

Oooo boxster. Crap. Hah.

Uh, probably should have mentioned this before but we're hopelessly outgunned.  Trying to compete for the overall with a gastropod would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight- so gastropod class is a knife fight, and we're bringing a plastic spork.  Economical, versatile, maybe even kind of pointy, but decidedly not a weapon cheeky

I had starting getting curious about what exactly we were up against in gastro, I hadn't been mentally tracking which build threads were gastros. Guess now I know!

mazdeuce - Seth
9/25/19 7:21 a.m.

The competition aspect of it is interesting. There shouldn't be any really high point concourse scores because innovation will necessarily be low. No quick drag times because the cars are limited by tires if nothing else. Does that mean that it comes down to AX times? A good statistical sorting at the end will be fun. 

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OTd3fEnueqWtvw6vkZvUTjbeelwS54B2QcgUHlctGYyk5XOevjEKDXcliMj9pyyQ