1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/25/19 7:21 a.m.
bluej said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
bluej said:

Oooo boxster. Crap. Hah.

Uh, probably should have mentioned this before but we're hopelessly outgunned.  Trying to compete for the overall with a gastropod would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight- so gastropod class is a knife fight, and we're bringing a plastic spork.  Economical, versatile, maybe even kind of pointy, but decidedly not a weapon cheeky

I had starting getting curious about what exactly we were up against in gastro, I hadn't been mentally tracking which build threads were gastros. Guess now I know!

I'm bringing a spork to the knife fight. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/25/19 7:27 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said: ...we're bringing a plastic spork.  Economical, versatile, maybe even kind of pointy, but decidedly not a weapon cheeky

I think Gastropod is the definition of a spork fight! 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/25/19 7:31 a.m.

Sporks are the perfect do everything utensil. I don't understand spork-hate. It's like a turbocharged, 4-dr miata. 

gumby
9/25/19 7:48 a.m.

I am in the pro-spork camp. Certainly not the proper utensil for every meal, but plenty capable.

We have a couple outliers performance wise(14sec 1/4mile Jaguars, miata and nx2000 on the autoX), but I just think of them as differently shaped sporks. A bit wider bowl, or slightly longer tines... laugh

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/25/19 7:52 a.m.

In reply to gumby :

If I can talk the wife into some decent tires The Tib is quite capable on the auto-x. I'll be lucky to run a 15.999 in hte quarter and she definitely not a great looker. I might be bringing a broken spork. 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/25/19 9:52 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

My brain just conjured up a solution to the dragstrip tire grip limit...AWD gastropod with 300tw dually tires mounted on all four corners...this may come at a cost to autocross ability though :P

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
9/25/19 3:12 p.m.
slowbird said:

My brain just conjured up a solution to the dragstrip tire grip limit...AWD gastropod with 300tw dually tires mounted on all four corners...this may come at a cost to autocross ability though :P

Un-dually them for the autox?

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
9/25/19 7:09 p.m.

Seth I sent you a pm.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/25/19 8:04 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Sent you a message because your message got lost sometime after I read it and then I couldn't remember who it was from. It was one of those days. 

packrat
packrat New Reader
9/26/19 8:04 p.m.

I can’t wait to hang with you all and see how our Gastropods do.  It’s going to be a blast!  Less than a month.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
9/26/19 9:42 p.m.

We are bringing a V6 swapped MR2, with fresh paint, so a shiny new spork! 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/27/19 7:28 a.m.

Welp, registration submitted. Guess I'm really doing this. *gulp*

mazdeuce - Seth
9/27/19 8:05 a.m.
slowbird said:

Welp, registration submitted. Guess I'm really doing this. *gulp*

What could go wrong? It'll be fun!

mazdeuce - Seth
9/27/19 8:06 a.m.
Fladiver64 said:

We are bringing a V6 swapped MR2, with fresh paint, so a shiny new spork! 

SHINY! Probably good that I don't have any part in judging. I do get distracted by shiny. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/27/19 8:21 a.m.

If you were I'd just drape the car in glitter. 

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/27/19 8:29 a.m.

Gastro competition is looking fiercer than I anticipated. Guess I/we need to learn about nitrous...

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/27/19 9:00 a.m.

I just hope I don't break down on the way there. Or if I do break down on the way there, that I can find someone who will trade me a SN95 Mustang for my now hypothetically broken-down Probe, so I can press on and enter the CAM and last chance classes with it. cheeky

a_florida_man
a_florida_man GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/19 8:00 p.m.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/i-sort-of-bought-a-car-that-sort-of-runs-a-1998-sl/145344/page6/

I'm back!

I'm registered.

I'm still wrenching.

:)

This is going to be a blast.

"SL0 2K"

johnnyrobbin
johnnyrobbin None
10/11/19 2:40 p.m.

Seth,

I am a forum lurker going to the Challenge. I try to follower of  your posts, and need some help.

I have some free tires and I hope you could find a home for them, preferably on a challenge car

Free to anyone, FMV $0 as they are dated 2012.. Just took them off my wife's car and they

are in great condition, and balance perfectly with lots of smooth tread left.

Two @ 225/45 ZR17

Two @ 245/40 ZR17

Mich Pilot 4S

Available in Deland FL 32720 after 10-15-2019, or at the challenge early Thursday AM 10-24-2019

Look forward to meeting you there.

John

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/11/19 2:48 p.m.

Gastropod almost ready...

gumby
10/11/19 5:36 p.m.

I like the red wheels!

I also miss the yellow wheels I put on the Mustang with the Firestones. They won't fit my current Gastropod, but I did give the SHO an altitude adjustment today and bolted up the FoST wheels.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/11/19 5:38 p.m.

I like the ST wheels!

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/11/19 8:47 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

Nice, I forgot the Taurus is 5x108. Did you need spacers?

gumby
10/11/19 9:35 p.m.
slowbird said:

Did you need spacers?

Yeah. The stupid high +55mm offset of the FoST wheels hits the struts w/o a spacer

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/11/19 10:53 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

I figured. The end result looks good though!

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
isJhWR7wm38O3ipE2erHmD23MDAH4F9iJ5usSTVq5fkRvXOtxriPZ1k5LX3vTzR6