1 2 3 4
cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/26/20 2:24 p.m.

In reply to infinitenexus :

Thanks. The 275 radials are going to be going away soon actually. They were just what I could find already mounted on a Chevy-pattern wheel quickly and cheap. Likely stepping down to something like a 235 or 55 on the pair 15x7 BMW wheels  that came with the car, along with the lowering springs that came with the car. Should sit nice and level. There are way faster cars on smaller tires so i think it will be ok.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
10/27/20 10:15 a.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

I may have something that would work for you if you're interested- I have a pair of M&H 245/45R17 drag radials that I was considering using on my E46 that since I'm unlikely to be bringing it to the Challenge next year that might work for you- and I have a good number of 5x120 wheels around that I could see about getting them mounted on.

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/27/20 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Thanks but will probably be getting something new - we scored a full set of used auto-x tires for free at the Challenge so going to put those on the set of 16" Z3 wheels I have so will be doing new drag radials as exempt tires.  I have the pair of 15x7 BMW wheels that came on the car so will put a set of new 26x10's or 235/50's  on there if I can get away with doing that on the 7" wheel. Might have to get 15x8's. 

First thing first is getting the transmission fixed. Also the motor is knocking so guess i gotta fix that too. 

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/27/20 7:53 p.m.

This is what the car should look like on a 26x10.5 on a 15x8". Hopefully I can do this with the rear lowering springs that the car came with. Currently it has stock springs in the rear with lowering coilovers up front which is why it has the crazy rake. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/27/20 8:20 p.m.

This car was super cool. I somehow missed this thread so it was a total surprise for me. 
I especially approved of the intake/valve cover. And the cheekiness of that silly little radiator for that stout engine setup. Well done!

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/28/20 11:51 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

thank you. the BMW intake cover on the LS motor is definetly the most popular feature on the car. The Honda radiator is going away. It's annoying having the car overheat every time it's driven hard

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/28/20 11:56 a.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

From experience a leaf blower on the radiator in the staging lanes helps.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/29/20 8:19 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

This car was super cool. I somehow missed this thread so it was a total surprise for me. 

Ditto. Just read through the whole thing. Looks like you guys had fun!

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
1/5/21 10:25 p.m.

just bought another cam for this car for $50, with some lobes that are just as beat up as the one in it now which was $150. It's a much less aggressive camshaft then what's in it now and should be much better matched for the rest of the car and have a little more low end. Can't beat better performance and getting 5% of the budget back. 

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
tsVIApTXMzDhUfY5uYGuXTViEqe7O1sr8PERbUn1TTC9KsfkyziLDT1tdL2TDSPE