1 2
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/7/21 7:40 p.m.

So I bought a 2006 Honda civic to use for rallycross.  Its ugly and dirty but it seems to run well.  5 speed, cold AC.  I figured before I ruin it jumping over things at the FIRM I could race it at the challenge.

Plans are to change the oil, paint it so it looks less terrible and to take out some weight.  I might throw some decent tires on it for the autocross and drag racing, or maybe not...

I bought it for $1800.  So there is not a ton of room for mods.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/21 7:50 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

What size are the wheels?  I might have some semi decent tires.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/7/21 7:51 p.m.

16 inch oem Honda.  I think they are 6.5 inches wide.

If you goes far with weight removal is getting dry ice to hammer out you'll remember that modification with every stone and fleck of gravel everytime you rallycross it. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/7/21 8:28 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I am lazy, and as I get older less ambitious. 

I mainly plan to remove the seats and the trunk pieces.  Easy and best use of my time...

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/21 8:38 p.m.

Two words. 

Nitrous!

Stampie
9/7/21 9:01 p.m.

Damn it I got 15s and 17s.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/21 8:04 a.m.

I think we can help out with this build.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/8/21 9:55 a.m.

I like spray painting things in best western parking lots 

But I probably will be doing my own competing parking lot build... we can have our parking lot build off. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/21 10:01 a.m.

instead of spray paint what about doing a 'paint correction'? Seems like you should be able to achieve excellent results for similar money and might be a good concour story. Nice big before and after photos of different areas, get them printed at walgreens on friday night. 

Stampie
9/8/21 10:51 a.m.

I just thought of something. I have a large box of random vinyl wrap cut offs that were free. Would that work?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/21 11:27 a.m.

i have a set of camber bolts from the front of my 2nd-gen probe GT.  i've tried to sell them on this forum with zero takers.  i'm going to throw them away unless you claim them for this build.  please claim them for this build so i can feel like i've done something Challenge-positive with my life.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/8/21 2:32 p.m.

I would love a set of camber bolts!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/9/21 6:45 p.m.

I have some 15" Hoosiers on the top shelf at work... if jeep wheels fit I also have them. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/9/21 8:35 p.m.

Hmm I may give those a try, I guess you won't need them for your parking lot build.  Which jeep wheels are they, we may have one at the lot we can test fit.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/21 10:21 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

I would love a set of camber bolts!

PM your mailing address and I'll get them out in the next couple days.

Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
9/10/21 2:19 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I have some 15" Hoosiers on the top shelf at work... if jeep wheels fit I also have them. 

If the wheels in question are of the 15 x 8 wrangler verity...I have a set of them here in Sanford Florida.  These are the same wheels that were run on the Datsun/Infinity wagon at the 2019 event!  I could run one up to pimpm3 to mock up?  Or I can just throw one on a civic in the junkyard near me to check clearances?

Let me know, I'll be home 2 days next week!

I also have a set of 17 x 9 wheels that might work for the 17" tires that Stampie has available.  I pulled the 17's from the Go Pull It up there in Jax.

I will not be in town for the Challenge this year so you are welcome to use either of these sets of wheels on the Civic.  I have the receipt for the 15's and 17's that will fit into your budget as well!!!

I hope my work schedule allows for my attendance at the 2022 Challenge.  So for this year, you are welcome to make use of these options!

Stampie
9/10/21 8:30 a.m.

Someone left the hood up so I decided to check out the competition. Let's just say it's definitely has patina. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/21 8:57 a.m.

If you weren't already aware, the next rallyx of the season for the Firm is Sunday, Oct 24, the day after the Challenge!  I'm planning to attend both and I encourage any Challengers who want to experience a really bad ass rallyx to do the same!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/21 9:00 a.m.
Lof8 - Andy said:

If you weren't already aware, the next rallyx of the season for the Firm is Sunday, Oct 24, the day after the Challenge!  I'm planning to attend both and I encourage any Challengers who want to experience a really bad ass rallyx to do the same!

oh dang, that is interesting...

Stampie
9/10/21 9:37 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

More info for spectators?

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/21 9:50 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I do not believe there is any cost for spectating. I think you just sign a waiver at the gate.  Gorally.com for their website. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/10/21 11:51 a.m.
Lof8 - Andy said:

That's a very good idea. It's not far from Gainesville. 
We autocross there frequently, my wife is codriving with me this Sunday. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/10/21 6:35 p.m.

The tires are 245/50-15 Hoosier R7 

standard 15x8 jeep wheels $10 each I had to scroll back to 2018 to find them.

And now I'm 0/7 on potential competing parking lot builds. People don't want to sell me things. 

I just spotted a matching 07 civic 5 speed listed for 2000 maybe I should go for it. 

Stampie
9/10/21 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Whatever you get leave budget for nitrous.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O8uM5rvMh13HVJ4gbtk6Zsh9lId6GAaD4E7gcruyQDJpvgpSRf7ez9AkL2jybbfg