1 2 3
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/7/22 1:04 p.m.

Is the reason that this hasn't been created yet because Stampie can't E36 M3 talk AC about the Monzora not being ready because Suprang is still not even running reliably?

The world may never know.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/22 1:11 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Is the reason that this hasn't been created yet because Stampie can't E36 M3 talk AC about the Monzora not being ready because Suprang is still not even running reliably?

The world may never know.

Naw, it just means they are tied for 2025th.

Mr_Asa
10/7/22 1:11 p.m.

BTW - the first E36 M3 talking should be directed at me for that abomination of a sentence.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/7/22 1:56 p.m.

Last year, the engineering students of Georgia Tech Wreck Racing embarrassed themselves by snapping an axle on their first drag launch attempt, effectively ruining their 2021 Challenge.

This year, those cultivated, scientific, deep-thinking scholars went back to the drawing boards, analyzed their past performance and shortcomings, and arrived at the optimal solution of... hastily welding a junkyard supercharger to the engine.

Good luck out there kids laugh

(this banter brought to you by alumni gang)

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/7/22 2:15 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

I just can't wait to see how they route the supercharger pulley around that welded support.

Mr_Asa
10/7/22 2:19 p.m.
hobiercr said:

I just can't wait to see how they route the supercharger pulley around that welded support.

Oh berkeley.  They did do that.

Thanks for the belly laugh.  Now I have to explain the Challenge and college racing team problems to my coworkers. At least most of them are out today.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/7/22 2:30 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Suprang is still not even running reliably?

Imagine buying a mustang that's not even faster than a '85 Riviera.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/7/22 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I'm sure there's a plan. Maybe they're coming off the alternator and going back to the tensioner and there is more clearance than it looks. This is for credit, right?

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
10/7/22 3:31 p.m.

No testing, No budget left, No idea what we were thinking, and an engine still outside the vehicle. This somehow is still ahead of schedule for us. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/22 3:36 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Last year, the engineering students of Georgia Tech Wreck Racing embarrassed themselves by snapping an axle on their first drag launch attempt, effectively ruining their 2021 Challenge.

This year, those cultivated, scientific, deep-thinking scholars went back to the drawing boards, analyzed their past performance and shortcomings, and arrived at the optimal solution of... hastily welding a junkyard supercharger to the engine.

Good luck out there kids laugh

Well, at least their mounting isn't too heavy.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
10/7/22 7:30 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

But their welds are pretty!  devil

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/22 7:45 p.m.

You all better watch out.  I'm bringing the #notslowest AMod Car in the Nation.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/22 8:10 p.m.

I know for a fact that the 85 Riviera beat the GT team last year.  Imagine explaining that for the rest of your life.

EDIT:

Yeah I know I went to GT but I wasn't smart enough to do a safe pass on the drags before hitting it.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/22 12:27 a.m.
Stampie said:

I know for a fact that the 85 Riviera beat the GT team last year.  Imagine explaining that for the rest of your life.

EDIT:

Yeah I know I went to GT but I wasn't smart enough to do a safe pass on the drags before hitting it.

Ouch!

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/8/22 7:50 p.m.
Stampie said:

EDIT:

To be fair that GT truck wasn't exactly slaying on the autocross course either.  Looked like they'd hooked up the steering backwards.

Stampie
10/12/22 7:48 p.m.

I was debating on doing GTW$ or GTU$.  Seeing GT in GTW$ made my decision.  Tell the kids that an old man is coming for them.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/22 9:02 p.m.
Stampie said:

I was debating on doing GTW$ or GTU$.  Seeing GT in GTW$ made my decision.  Tell the kids that an old man is coming for them.

I'm bringing shoe polish and writing "free candy" on your windows.

Stampie
10/12/22 9:21 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

If you do then you might want to check your fuel pump ground all berking weekend.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/12/22 10:06 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Was it triangles or Zs that were good strong shapes for engineering? I think it's Zs right? 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
10/12/22 10:45 p.m.

Why is the super charger mounted off the top of the engine?? That intake looks flat enough to McGyver the supercharger to it.  Remove intake mount it on a Bridgeport.....

Mr_Asa
10/13/22 10:53 a.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

Knowing college automotive teams, time and/or arguments about best way to do things.

Hell, maybe they wanted to shoehorn an intercooler in there somewhere.  That also sounds very college autosports

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/13/22 11:11 a.m.

It's all fun and games until Texas A&M shows up and beats you in a mildly modified Miata. cheeky

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/13/22 11:20 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

It's all fun and games until Texas A&M shows up and beats you in a mildly modified Miata. cheeky

Laughs in sad my challenge car was slower then STS Miatas at Nationals tones.  

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/13/22 1:27 p.m.

BRZ is back from getting its oil pick up cleaned...  watch out!

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
10/13/22 4:02 p.m.

Omni check list:

Install 34 year old junkyard engine...

See if 34 year old junkyard engine runs...

Finish front suspension Ground Control people please answer my emails/calls :(  

See if wild-ass-guess roll center measurements were correct 

Wire everything

Fix everything

Turn boost WAY up. 

Hope to Jesus it is national level STS car fast and/or has an 11.50 in it

Scrub off some of the mud/dust/rust/blood 

Integra checklist:

Add gas. 

Buy enough beer/spray paint to give people an opportunity to copy drunkenly copy Comptech world challenge livery 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g0Raqej09fmkba3O35TIMQUWgEvVetXWqrxRvud2q5MFCFwhxUk54lj6wn2Nejn0