petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/29/10 3:42 p.m.

This is a 1979 GL1000 Goldwing barn-find that had been parked since 1983. I started a restoration project on it, but have lost time and interest. Now I just want the space back, hence the low, low price. The bike is almost completely disassembled(the triple-tree and bars are still attached, as is the front wheel), every nut & bolt has been bagged and tagged for reassembly.

What it will need: The engine was seized when I got it, after pulling the heads I was able to free it up, but there is some scarring in one of the cylinders. I do not know if it will hone out, or if the engine will need rebored and/or replaced. Also, the reason the bike was parked was the previous owner wrecked it in 1983. The forks are twisted, but a motorcycle mechanic said they should straighten out after loosening up the mounts - I have not tried this. Additionally, expect to replace anything else that could go bad after 27-years of storage(ie: brake components, tires, etc.). Have key and clear Illinois title. Local delivery possible to the east-central IL/west-central IN area. $250.00

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
10/29/10 4:55 p.m.

You might want to show it to these guys. They're not as cheap as us, so don't post a price, just throw it out. They're like us in that there's a common denominator and limited supply of desirable niche product.

http://www.ngwclub.com/

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/31/10 7:29 p.m.

Sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9UnX5jxU3xu6tmDyHfIsyV3JiAubFUA3yF2e7BLttJv8XlMGP1x14XKC6nkfz0c2