paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
8/24/13 3:46 p.m.

Mine, affiliated, etc.

55355 miles on odometer. Engine is from a 78, odometer showed 40000. PO replaced all the rusted body panels then Waxoyl coated the underside of the car, the car has no rust on it. The only bodywork to be done is the driver’s side door it’s not smooth. I was going to replace it. Alternator is good. Just bought a new battery for it. Electrics on the car work. I recovered the driver’s seat with original foams, haven’t done the passenger’s yet. Passenger’s is still a bare frame, but I have all the parts. If you want the pattern and the fabric they come with the car.

Has a Lucas 25D4 distributor on it, known to work. Has a spin on oil filter adapter. Has a Pacesetter style 4 into 1 header I coated with VHT paint. I fabricated the carb heat shield. Has a single SU HIF44 carb fitted to the original intake manifold. Pistons are stock and have new rings. Has new tappets and big end bolts, as well as main bolts and bearings (Moss). Big end bearings will need to be replaced after they are checked for roundness and machined if needed. The crank main journals are good, but the con rod journals should also be checked for roundness. Has a new clutch in it, zero wear on the pressure plate. Block is painted black, valve cover read with Duplicolor engine paint.

The engine is currently disassembled so you can inspect all the components. Plus you don’t have to take it apart to take the necessary bits to the machine shop!

Coil and ballast are new as is the electric aftermarket fuel pump. 9” electric cooling fan mounted on radiator with relay and temperature switch. Front calipers are rebuilt, rotors are good, pads are ok. New rear wheel cylinders, shoes are ok, parking brake works. New master cylinder, bled to the brake warning switch, you will have to bleed the rest of the system. Battery relocated to the boot, installed a plastic SCCA approved battery box. All gauges work.

Tires have little wear, they are mounted on original rostyles painted black. Convertible top in tact and pretty good shape- the vinyl has separated at the rear window seam about two inches long. PO started a chrome bumper conversion and got the rear done. No bumper for the front. PO installed a Moss rear tube shock conversion kit. Front suspension is stock and tight. PO also said he replaced all the bushings with black nylon from Moss.

Oh- needs a paint job too. Currently it’s coated with hunter green Rustoleum, sanded down.

I can furnish additional images if needed.

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/owensdad74/library/?sort=3&page=1

Build thread here: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/79-midget-project/66679/page1/

Asking $900 or best offer.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/13 2:39 p.m.

Looks like a good price with a lot of work already done....

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/26/13 2:52 p.m.

Agreed, nice one!

paranoid_android74
8/26/13 3:21 p.m.

Thank you gentlemen!

It is a good car, and I intend to keep working on it as funds become available.

paranoid_android74
8/26/13 3:23 p.m.

To sweeten the deal I will even include two brand new white GRM die cuts!

It won't last long at this price!

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/13 5:08 p.m.

Why must you people tempt me. I have everything to turn this into 12a power.. driveshaft.. mounts.. header. Just not time. Pick this up and swing by my house for some rotary goodness and have good challenge starter.

paranoid_android74
8/26/13 5:40 p.m.

A rotary swap was the original plan for this car.

Then I started digging into the 1500, and then I found my way into vintage racing.

My plan now is to sell this and get into a1275 RWA project.

I would not be opposed to such a trade (wink wink,nudge nudge)

nocones wrote: Why must you people tempt me. I have everything to turn this into 12a power.. driveshaft.. mounts.. header. Just not time. Pick this up and swing by my house for some rotary goodness and have good challenge starter.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qeUG5tEouSIMQMvfsFNE39UkvMlIl5oPQDupFgd1O42UaLqVJRIdKIuKJBbKdHCH