B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/15/17 9:00 p.m.

Description:

$800 Miata

t has rust by the quarters, the inside of it is partially gutted. The carpet is a disaster, in the year and half I had this car I drove it hard and tore up the inside of it. Don't come by looking for a picture perfect car, because this isn't it. Since I've had it....

It was a CT car. It's seen a winter, before I moved to Florida. Explains the rust.

-Replaced the obd2 cat on the manifold Thermostat -Race land coilovers -Cat delete 3' pipe going to a '04 mazdaspeed miata muffler done by S&S on Beach Blvd. sounds great, by too loud, little bit of drone, but isn't raspy and sounds smooth. -o2 sensors -replaced the diff -comes with an extra set of oz mesh wheels, needs tires on them though -control arms

What's broken right now

-transmission grinds but still goes into every gear no problem, I drive it everyday -has a broken end link, pulls to the right -clutch is on its way out but it definitely won't break down on you if you decide to drive it home -rusty -just all around needs looking at the suspension components -interior is ripped out loud mechanical noises.

I bought a new car so now I need to get rid of this one, I need the money to help towards registering the new one. Title in hand, clean. Text me.

$800 Miata

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/15/17 9:16 p.m.

That's one of our exhausts. Poor thing.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/15/17 11:17 p.m.

Interesting. Import a rusty car south to sell? A new strategy for sure.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/16/17 7:44 a.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan:

It happens. People down here are so used to not having rust they don't check. A friend of mine got caught when he bought a Jeep JK to find out it was from Ohio one the frame rust started.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/16/17 9:01 a.m.

Stunning. My '99 has way more miles, and way more winters on it, and it's a better car.

Although, much of the rust looks the same. Good think you can get replacement parts for cheap.

Any explanation why "driving hard" would tear apart the inside like that? We drove our Alfa hard- mostly autocrossing and track days- and it looks amazingly good, relative to that car. Making the interior like that is totally on purpose- as it takes some effort.

Keith Tanner
6/16/17 9:21 a.m.

Some people are proud of abusing/neglecting vehicles. It's kinda the same as bragging that their car rides really badly because their suspension is so awesome.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/16/17 9:44 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Some people are proud of abusing/neglecting vehicles. It's kinda the same as bragging that their car rides really badly because their suspension is so awesome.

Well, then I thank the ad poster for pointing why this would be a terrible car to buy regardless of price.

calteg
calteg Dork
6/16/17 10:18 a.m.

Dangit, I was just in FL last week too. Not sure I'd want to go FL->TX in that heap though...

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
6/16/17 1:33 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Stunning. My '99 has way more miles, and way more winters on it, and it's a better car. Although, much of the rust looks the same. Good think you can get replacement parts for cheap. Any explanation why "driving hard" would tear apart the inside like that? We drove our Alfa hard- mostly autocrossing and track days- and it looks amazingly good, relative to that car. Making the interior like that is totally on purpose- as it takes some effort.

Sold the parts for drug money/bail.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
6/17/17 9:47 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: That's one of our exhausts. Poor thing.

The car or the exhaust is the poor thing?

Keith Tanner
6/17/17 11:10 a.m.

Yes.

Someone loved that car once, enough to pick out a good exhaust for it instead of just something cheap and nasty.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
6/18/17 5:30 p.m.

I'd like to see underneath. Think the end-link broke from rusting through?

Keith Tanner
6/18/17 7:59 p.m.

The ball joints on the end links do break occasionally.

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
6/19/17 9:51 a.m.

Drives it every day?! That's unsettling.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KcCUcHWAM5kMa8TmkDKaaUYu1bZLbcvpQPPKQZuUwOaIiIcE2ioLr8uei71YkPiU