Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
6/2/13 10:38 a.m.

Hey Guys,

What I have for sale is a 1984 Volvo 245 Wagon. I purchased this car about a month ago to reshell my V8 Wagon as this was supposedly a "almost rust free, solid car". The seller sent photos of all the rust he could find. Lets just say I would not hire him as a PI. When I arrived 4.5 hours away I found what is not an awful car but not worth the effort to reshell my car then fix the rust on this one.

Already facing about $200 in gas whether I got the car or not I lowballed the seller and unfourtunately he agreed. I figured I could resell or pull some parts and scrap it.

I am offering it up to you all first. If it doesn't sell in a couple weeks I am pulling the good parts and scrapping it.

The seller advised he had purchased this car as a project for he and his son. It was supposedly a running and driving car with a fuel injected 5.0 / AOD. They were having some fuel injection issues and went to convert it to carb. Project stalled, they bought a rat rod then sold the 5.0 / AOD to a friend.

What you get. * Look at the pictures*

https://picasaweb.google.com/gregory.k.voth/84245ForSale#

84 Volvo 245 Wagon with title.

No motor or trans. Homemade (decent looking) mounts / driveshaft is still present.

Complete/ Decent interior.

2 steel wheels, 2 turbo aluminum wheels.

Take a look a the photos for rust. I tried to take a picture of everything I found. Passenger rocker and floor and front door. Rear Pillar behind passenger rear door. Near the spare tire wells. Drivers side floor and small bubble at front fender. Small spot at front cowl. Front lower trim piece and leading edge of hood. It all appears fixable and the car would probably go another ten years before terminal. The part that worries me the most (and I didn't notice until I got home) is the spot on the pillar.

Asking $675. Relatively firm as thats what I have in it but willing to hear all offers. I like RX-7 stuff, LSX stuff, 5.0 stuff, VFXX Subaru turbo or possibly smallish trailer as the Chumpcar RX-7 is coming to live with me.

My email is gregory.k.voth (at) gmail.com

Located outside Daytona Beach, FL.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
6/3/13 12:54 p.m.

Nobody wants a crusty old Volvo? I am disappointed.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
6/12/13 9:12 p.m.

City is on my butt about it. Parting it out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ls9h5u5UgFIaM2yw4EitmXzJJI2zSB3byet45VRqZ46ykCDsjGFyOJiWTiLUfY9n