VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/13/13 4:09 p.m.

Hey guys, Sorry to say but I have to sell my hatch. I'm going back to school and need to move the car. The car is in south Denver, CO. I wouldn't say this car is daily driver quality but it's definitely a good running track/project/fun car.

I've modified nearly everything. Here's the build thread: http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35910&hl=vitamin

Basic rundown: -'86 1.3L base hatch -stock 1.5L Si swap from '86 CRX Si, approx 80k on rebuilt motor, good compression, runs strong -rebuilt 5-speed Si tranny with approx 20k miles -Front Integra brakes with Hawk HPS pads, rear HF alloy drums with new pads -Energy Suspension full chassis polyurethane bushings -5-way adjustable Tokico shocks -27.5mm front torsion bars, rear adjustable coilovers -strut tower bar -brake ducts -front Si lip -super clean, minimal rust, good glass -Pacesetter header with 2.5" side-exit exhaust, also have stock exhaust with cat -battery mounted behind passenger seat - ~1800lbs AUW -adjustable cam gear -new drive axles (not reman) with approx 20k miles -20k on new tie rods -Integra seats

$800, obo

Recent pics from yesterday, note hood isn't latch and I still have the roof wind deflector thing, took it off for mystery reasons:

I also have some parts that aren't installed: -new SS brake line kit -Lightspeed Racing rear sway bar

Spare parts: -2x Si transmissions -1 good block -1 bad block but with good parts -1 ported/polished head with Webcams Stage 2 cam w/ new gasket -extra Si rads -complete AC system -complete 1.5L FI system

Check pics, make offers, love Hondas.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/13/13 6:55 p.m.

I'm not sure if I love you or hate you. I'm on RPR too but don't post often. Considering a flight to CO.....

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
5/13/13 7:40 p.m.

Shoot - I was in Denver (Wheat Ridge) last week. It's only 1,000 miles back to Chicago.........

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/14/13 7:57 a.m.

Keeping in mind that I DD'd a 1g crx that was more gutted than that with no ac, no heat, and no side glass 80 miles/day for about a year, what would stop me from driving it on the street?

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/14/13 8:00 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Keeping in mind that I DD'd a 1g crx that was more gutted than that with no ac, no heat, and no side glass 80 miles/day for about a year, what would stop me from driving it on the street?

You, sir, are hardcore

beans
beans New Reader
5/14/13 10:20 a.m.

Damn I wish I still lived in Denver....

VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/14/13 11:04 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Keeping in mind that I DD'd a 1g crx that was more gutted than that with no ac, no heat, and no side glass 80 miles/day for about a year, what would stop me from driving it on the street?

You'd think this car was a Caddy then! It's reliable and drives great, it's just noisy and bumpy, but that doesn't sound like it'd bother you.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/14/13 12:20 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
You, sir, are hardcore

I'm not that hardcore. It was my $20,000 cheater challenge car after all. Having to scrape ice off the INSIDE of the windshield before driving to work was where I drew the line.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
5/14/13 6:44 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Having to scrape ice off the INSIDE of the windshield ....

Been there, done that. I DD'd an 86 CJ7 for years. The last year I didn't even bother putting the top on. I'd tilt the seats forward so snow wouldn't accumulate on the seats. I drove that thing to work in single-digit Michigan winters. 33" tires, Detroit lockers front and rear and super stiff suspension made for interesting winter drives.

sorry for the thread-jack

VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/15/13 5:20 p.m.

Wanted to add some more pics since the turn signals have been modded for brake ducts:

And a wider interior shot:

VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/15/13 7:02 p.m.

Also, the chassis and engine harness were completely swapped with the Si harness so this is basically a super light Si now. Includes a few options in the Si wiring still if you want to hook them up. This car is so bare bones it doesn't even have a cigarette lighter!

Also I should mention the brake booster has been eliminated. The booster was failing and I couldn't find a suitable replacement before a track day. Takes more force obviously but it's a light car so it's ok. Would be easy to add another booster, just gotta find one.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/16/13 11:15 a.m.

Can we get some pics of the rust? Do you still have the interior bits you stripped?

VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/16/13 11:37 a.m.

I no longer have any of the interior.

The extent of the rust is pretty much visible in this pic, it's about the same on both sides. I'll see if I can get some better pics later today.

Joshua
Joshua Dork
5/16/13 7:49 p.m.

Oh dear god unfortunately Denver is like 8 hours away...

VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/16/13 9:06 p.m.

Haha that's not too far, got a guy from Michigan interested.

Here's some better pics of the rust and also the engine parts I have. I have rings, bearings, head bolts, and a pair of valves all brand new.

VitaminJ
VitaminJ New Reader
5/22/13 8:14 p.m.

Sold the car today. Thanks for the interest and comments. It went to a good home, and thankfully will stay in Colorado and not rust to bits in some far away place.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
obY66hd3tkCLuyAytu7McqzprgE7I4jsyaDXYwLAXlaSYjXTSHBWwBih0EUG4wO6