1 2
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
2/13/20 9:47 p.m.

Well last year i wanted to have my wife compete with me in the challenge so i picked up a supercharged 94 gt for 1500. Well that car has gotten some good parts thrown at it and she indicated she was nervous about shifting. Although she is actually a very good driver.

Fast forward to this week. A friend of a friend sent me a message on facebook saying he knew i had a lot of mustangs and asked if i wanted to buy his. It is a 91 hatch with a 6 point cage. Built c4 auto. Decent exhaust. 4.10 gears. Batter boy and disconnect. Race seat and harness. Decent rear control arms. Rear weld drag wheels with slicks and came with 4 factory pony wheels. 

On a small kit this car ran 10.xx in the quarter. However, the kicker was he was keeping the aluminum heads on the car. I quickly found a complete motor that had gt40p heads and paid 250 for it and plan to recoupe a lot off the bottom end. Also purchased a wet kit for it for $130. And talked him down from his initial 1600 offer to 1500. 

I dont plan to do much to this car which is why i got it. I will be focusing my time and effort on my rx7 build but will happily do anything the wife wants. Also for those doubting i got the car for the price i did i took a screen shot of his initial message to me before he added me and you can see it yourself. 

So here it is. My wifes official radwood challenge car. Ice ice baby. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
2/13/20 9:52 p.m.

Also attached below is a video of me picking the car up literally yesterday and you can see it a little better in the video. 

https://youtu.be/UkjuaexphTg

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/13/20 10:07 p.m.

Decent looking for that price.  Nice score.

Always wanted a Fox convertible myself 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/20 6:32 a.m.

No title is a huge reason it was not 2x

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
2/14/20 7:38 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

True, but i already got the title for it lol. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
2/25/20 4:37 a.m.

Got a complete motor from and explorer for 250. Has gt40p heads. I will be able to recoupe almost all if not all ifnthe money with the bottom end. And the heads will be free and the car running hopefully later this week.

I also bought an entire fox roller for $300 and i plan to use the wheels off it and maybe some odds and ends parts and sell the roller for full recoupe. The wheels are gt500 replicas in 4 lug. Will be far better for tire choices than the narrow factory ponys. I might rob the seats for my personal drag fox. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
2/26/20 11:22 p.m.

welp, picked up the 300 dollar roller. it actually came with a complete drivetrain. just in a thousand pieces lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/1/20 7:42 p.m.

Got the heads on carolyns car from that heap you saw previously. The heads were in great shape too. It might have a letter cam in the lsrts car but not sure yet. 

even caught carolyn putting in the swest equity on her new whip.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/3/20 11:17 a.m.

Viola! She runs! And pretty good to boot! Probably wont be anything record setting with these stock e7 heads, but the 4.10 gears with. The built auto and stall should help it hopefully be in the high 13s on motor only. 

If all goes well tonight on the test drive tomorrow we load up for test n tune night for some shakedown action!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/3/20 11:18 a.m.

Man those rear wheels are pure sex. Beautiful.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/3/20 11:25 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Thanks! i love the old school look. hopefully can find a cheap set of matching front runners. tonight the car gets cleaned up real good and we get to see what we are working with. there will be pics to follow. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/3/20 10:56 p.m.

This thing cleaned up good!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/6/20 3:17 a.m.

Video  of the revival and it running. 

https://youtu.be/hdghk_fXqlo

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/15/20 8:43 a.m.

Cleaned with the 4inch lift off cowl installed. Saved about 20lbs on the nose. Ill have a video link soon but we took it to the track and on motor only it ran 13.4 @98. Definitelt needs the spray for the big end. It short tracks well. Footbraking it let to consistent 1.7 60s. Which i believe leaving on spray would be 1.6 or better. Now its time to put the front sway bar in, get some autox tires and go to a local event. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/22/20 9:59 p.m.

video from the car at the track. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUQkX7otzOQ&t=16s

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/20 3:00 p.m.

That's a freakin fast Challenge car already!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/24/20 4:26 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

We can only hope to see 10s...

I still want to use nitrous, however.... i have found a screaming deal on some parts that includes a turbo kit. If i can recoupe enough, i can fit the turbo into the budget. But its a LONGGGG shot. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
3/24/20 7:16 p.m.

I just watched the videos, all I can say is nice job. 

It looks like fun! IF you can squeeze the turbo into the budget... Well dang.

Then squirt the boom juice? surprise

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/24/20 7:44 p.m.

I love this thing - I've owned two fox bodies, but never an auto. Looks like a great platform!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/24/20 11:30 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

I wish i could fit the turbo in, but i just dont think there is anyway possible. Im happy with nitrous only. Should do well. 

Still yet to see if this thing handles at all lol

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
3/25/20 9:35 a.m.

Make sure you have a tuning solution figured out. In general SBF can deal with nitrous a little easier than it can boost, and things get ugly fast with them unlike an LS. Looking forward to what you come up with. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
3/29/20 8:33 p.m.

No turbo for the fox, as bad as i want it, just unrealistic to make it work. Picked up this complete kit that was purchased new and used 3 times on an fbody. Paid 280 which is more than i wanted to but still under budget. The bottle bracket is really nice! Came with a jet pack as well. 

Now just have to wait til the track opens back up and see what this car can really do! 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
3/29/20 10:15 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:

No turbo for the nitrous, as bad as i want it, just unrealistic to make it work. Picked up this complete kit that was purchased new and used 3 times on an fbody. Paid 280 which is more than i wanted to but still under budget. The bottle bracket is really nice! Came with a jet pack as well. 

Now just have to wait til the track opens back up and see what this car can really do! 

You need a stunt double right? I volunteer.

cheeky

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
5/23/20 10:11 p.m.

Well finally got the nitrous kit installed! Its not fully finished as im waiting for a $7 fitting for the fuel supply for the fuel solenoid. Also have to get an 1/8 NPT tap to tap the intake elbow. Another accomplishment is that I Also got the saleen wing and the "new" wheels on! This is the autocross set up. Drag set up is a set of weld drag light bigs and Littles.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
6/4/20 11:31 a.m.

Well I feel the bottle and Mickey Thompson had a deal on tires. 215 a piece plus a $50 rebate. But I was using these tires as an exempted pair. Now if it would stop raining for a test n tune night...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SAJg6RaqzdOq0Gy9LFFaQH67gbgfT20tKTxAdr4cYi4OWT6JQ1y5L8F51Ut985zx