Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/26/11 5:10 p.m.

For Sale or Trade:

I'm selling my 1993 Mazda Miata. It was purchased to use for SCCA Autocross events and did pretty well, plus a few trips and some backroads driving. It's a "B" Package with A/C (works excellent), power steering, and the ace-in-the-hole: ABS brakes! This car is one of the best stopping and trail-braking cars I've ever autocrossed. It also has power windows, power mirrors, and cruise control (all works).

It has a lot of modifications for racing or track days:

• Hard Dog Sport Rollbar (4-point, Certified, with SFI padding)
  • Exedy OEM clutch kit with new fork, slave, and SS line
  • Magnecor wires, NGK plugs
  • Flyin Miata drilled aluminum pedals
  • New window seals, timing belt, balancer, pulleys, v-belt, serpentine belt, CAS, vc gasket, and more
  • Optima Yellow-top
  • FM headlights (the Hella halogens)

As it sits right now the car has 163K miles, a clean title in my name, and current WA plates. It has purple metallic painted stock Miata 14" steel wheels with new Falken EuroWinter 185/60/14 tires.

The motor runs well and goes through the RPM range nicely, but makes lifter noise every once in awhile. I honestly do not know what is wrong with it, but I suspect a lifter/follower/whatever is collapsing. Basically I'd rebuild the head before racing it more or driving long distances.

As-is with the steelies and great softtop (plastic window, vinyl top) - $2000 cash money.

I also have for additional cost, a set of RoTa RB's in gunmetal with a polished lip and nearly new Falken Azenis RT-615's for $500 (That's $800 worth of tires, $1000 worth of wheels, and $300 worth of mount/balance/valve stems/lug nuts).

As well as the factory hardtop with headliner and defrost, which is $1000, period.

Also open to partial or straight-across trades for other autocross cars. We are really interested in an Acura Integra or a Porsche 944 or 914. Possibly another Miata.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun New Reader
1/26/11 6:20 p.m.

Are you willing to sell the rota's seperate? If so and your willing to ship could you please send a couple pics to paulpetrun@yahoo.com Thanks Paul

Javelin
1/26/11 6:55 p.m.

Possibly. Let me see about selling the whole car first, and if whoever does that doesn't buy them I will let you know.

WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
1/26/11 11:10 p.m.

that's too bad. wish you werent 3200 miles away or i'd really consider it more

Javelin
1/27/11 8:04 a.m.

It looks like my CL ad has quite a bit of local interest though.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/27/11 8:35 a.m.

I didn't see mention of color anywhere in the ad, but I'm going to guess by the purple steelies that it's white? None of the other stock colors really works with purple.

And, since it's white, is the paint peeling off in sheets?

Javelin
1/27/11 8:39 a.m.

It is white and has only very minor peel because 1/3 of the car has been repainted and 1/3 of it has been replaced with 94-97 White body panels.

Lots of pics in my Reader's Ride section showing the original damage, the minor peeling (that I re-sprayed), and how it looks now with the RB's:

Reader's Ride

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/27/11 10:28 a.m.

Clean car, and I need a Miata. Sadly, no fundage at the moment, and you're a long ways away. GLWS.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/27/11 10:52 a.m.

I wish my Miata had ABS, but the old-fashioned brakes have been a great training tool for me.

^^ Don't be that guy.

Good luck with the sale. Does this mean we'll get to see what really happens when you put R-comps on a Mazda5?

Javelin
1/27/11 11:52 a.m.

She who must be obeyed has very clearly stated that the 5 will in no way, shape, or form be allowed to compete or even get close to a cone. So that will have to wait until I've used up all it's DD-ness in 4-5 years and swap in a MS3 motor

Javelin
1/28/11 8:46 a.m.

Stuff that goes with car in a purchase:

• New Wix fuel filter
  • New Wix oil filter
  • 4 quarts 10W30 Shell Formula Oil
  • Original spare, jack, lug wrench, and handle
  • 8-spline socket for the 8-spline tuner lugs
  • Enough purple vinyl to re-do the GS stripes
  • OE plug wires
  • Hardtop hoist for the garage (NIB)
  • Original floor mats w/ "Miata" script

Also the car has a nice Alpine CD Player, power antenna, headrest speakers, and factory door tweeters. Clean title in my name, current plates, all service records and receipts for the mods and maintenance.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
1/30/11 10:35 a.m.

I'd be buying if you were not so far away.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
1/30/11 12:35 p.m.

So $2500 for the car with the Rota's,and $3500 for the car, Rota's,and hard top?

You wouldn't want a slightly bent RX-3 SP by chance? Didn't think so.

Chris

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
1/30/11 7:19 p.m.

I'll trade you my 3 year old nephew. He also makes funny noises.

Javelin
1/30/11 7:51 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I'll trade you my 3 year old nephew. He also makes funny noises.

Holy cow man, if my wife read GRM you'd have a Miata!

Javelin
1/31/11 3:00 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: So $2500 for the car with the Rota's,and $3500 for the car, Rota's,and hard top? You wouldn't want a slightly bent RX-3 SP by chance? Didn't think so. Chris

Had been not-bent or un-bent I would seriously think about it.

FYI - I'm trying to buy a Porsche 944, so if you have one of those and would rather have a Miata and some cash...

Javelin
2/1/11 7:46 p.m.

$1850.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
2/1/11 9:08 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: So $2500 for the car with the Rota's,and $3500 for the car, Rota's,and hard top? You wouldn't want a slightly bent RX-3 SP by chance? Didn't think so. Chris
Had been not-bent or un-bent I would seriously think about it. FYI - I'm trying to buy a Porsche 944, so if you have one of those and would rather have a Miata and some cash...

Had it been not-bent I wouldn't be asking to trade.

Javelin
2/2/11 11:53 p.m.

I'm going to kill the next craigslist idiot that wants a "mad tyte dorifto" car or is looking for a perfect stock daily driver that contacts me... It's advertised as a freaking SCCA autocross car with issues people! READ!!!!!

Javelin
2/10/11 8:22 a.m.

Hardtop is sold. Rota wheels still available. Should I start parting it out?

Marty!
Marty! Dork
2/10/11 12:29 p.m.

If you do I may want the CAS and the coil for my Challenge build.........

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
2/12/11 10:27 a.m.

You have PM

Javelin
2/14/11 2:06 p.m.

Okay, hardtop and Rota's are both gone. That was a fair chunk of $$$. Now dumping the rest of the car seems to be an issue. I have it listed on CL locally for $1800.

$1500 for any GRM'ers...

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/11 2:33 p.m.

I would love to buy it if it was a bit closer to Ohio.

Javelin
2/14/11 3:54 p.m.

I just moved it 3' to the East. Now it's a bit closer to Ohio.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kxeMhvXSW25JPnFphnA3oIQBkPTnsvhxdGBywUvOBOorBTNcHlKKak8PJx9AidUs