russde
russde GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/25/15 11:24 a.m.

S50 is from a failed project. Engine was an over rev (I think, it had 12 bent exhaust valves ), I had the head rebuilt. I installed new rings and crankshaft bearings but ran out of time, money, and motivation. Bottom end should be gone through again, just to mic things out and verify measurements. Does have new VANOS seals also.

Trans is from my car originally, I pulled it due to a front seal leak and never managed to re-seal it.

I checked shipping of the engine from San Antonio to Kentucky (I can drop off at freight center) and the quote was $290 if picked up from freight center. Pretty sure I can add the trans and not have that quote go up by much. $1100 plus actual shipping costs for both together (I spent $500 on the head rebuild alone, and M3 cams go for ~$300...)

I'm somewhat negotiable, and even open to trades...firearms, other cars, various other things.

russde
3/10/15 6:38 p.m.

Wow, no interest...ok, let's drop the price a bit. $950 for the engine & trans plus actual shipping costs...willing to drive it for delivery within most of TX for the cost of the gas

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/10/15 6:46 p.m.

If you were in California or Arizona I'd be all over this.

russde
3/11/15 9:11 a.m.

Well, shipping to KY was quoted as $290, can't imagine AZ being more...I can work with you

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/23/15 12:44 p.m.

I'm in SoCal. I'm currently looking to find an engine for my Conquest. I heard euro guys are using those 5sp trans on LSx swaps. Man if I could find that kit haha. Anyway, if I can get the money together (just bought another Mercedes lol) I would love to grab this.

russde
4/15/15 10:16 a.m.

Still here...another price drop, $750 for the engine, trans AND(!!) a set of reworked obd2 headers that will fit the s50 (supposed to flow better)!!!

russde
5/15/15 7:48 p.m.

Alrighty...last drop. $600 for the engine, trans and headers...I've had a number of interested 'nibbles' but folks are looking for a drop-in ready engine and that's just unreasonable at this price point. The head is worth $500 alone and it's perfect, the bottom end needs to be gone through to verify clearances etc; the trans needs a new front seal. That's it. Fini

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/15/15 9:28 p.m.

I would part it out on Bimmerforums.

russde
5/16/15 12:34 p.m.
Slippery wrote: I would part it out on Bimmerforums.

It's there...since they changed the classifieds section though, it blows.

calteg
calteg HalfDork
5/17/15 12:30 a.m.

Hold up, let me consult my BMW friend. He shares your affliction of collecting poorly running hot German steel. I'll see if he has any interest in this stuff.

edit: We're both in Austin.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
5/17/15 11:08 a.m.

$600?? Does it have engine harness and ECU? I'm south of Fort Worth!

DukeOfUndersteer
5/17/15 11:28 a.m.

PM'ed

russde
5/17/15 2:35 p.m.

calteg: just let me know Duke: I received no PM, I sent you a message with my e-mail address

DukeOfUndersteer
5/17/15 2:46 p.m.

Okay. Try paul.hutton.11@gmail.com The email attached to my user name isnt active anymore

calteg
calteg HalfDork
5/17/15 6:51 p.m.

Duke is on deck, my buddy has his hands full getting his M5 running again apparently.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/18/15 9:14 a.m.

This is such an incredible deal. I can't believe this is the first time I am seeing this.

But, you shouldn't buy a motor for a car you don't have yet, right? RIGHT?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mis0z3LGKcT9wLQ9rCLwChNDtUQr1kckuAFS1EKfD1jRyOIitkcyPo8a4jdGXHjn