1 2 3
The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
9/17/18 12:08 p.m.

The car is complete and comes with a few spares; the gearbox, driveshaft and rear diff from a '98 OBS, I believe it has 3.90 gears whereas the Brighton at the moment has 4.44, I think. Also a radiator, fans, etc.

It came with a 1.8 but a Phase I EJ22 has been hacked in. It ran for a few years after the poverty swap but got worse and worse until it was not drivable. I have no idea what is causing it and also no motivation to keep throwing money at it, or time to dig into it. I know it is not the fuel pump or MAF since those were replaced and nothing changed. At least it wasn't those. At this point, I literally have NO idea what the issue is. The body is shockingly low on rust, there are a couple of tiny spots but it's beyond craigslist "rust free". I bought the tires right before it gave up the ghost for good and they have fewer than 1,000 miles on them, not that it really matters.

The interior is haggard base model brown and currently filled with parts.

Price drop: $300

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/18/18 8:00 a.m.

It looks like a land shark got your door. 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
9/18/18 10:44 a.m.

Waaaay back in '06, before the wife and I got married, I traded this car in on an '05 Focus ST. I figured the Focus would be a better family car. Having a serious oil leak and being in generally haggard condition, it was auctioned off, then purchased by a couple in Peoria. Within a few months the 1.8 locked up due to a lack of oil and the car was stranded on the side of the road. A none-too-gentle tow truck driver jimmied the door open and caused the afore-pictured carnage to the door panel.

To top it all off, a few years later, I wound up selling a '94 F150 to the exact same people. Then I bought the Scoob back (with an RX7 project car plus cash) from a local used car lot when it was on it's way to the scrapper.

This is the same Scoob I used to Rallycross and Autocross so, the ol' fella has some rough miles on him.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
9/18/18 10:53 a.m.

Things that we could use, i.e. trades considered (not necessarily straight-up trades):

lawn tractor

5'x8' utility trailer

high-quality road/fitness/multi-surface bicycle for a 5'7" Yeti with a 30" inseam

kid's ATV/go-cart/4-wheeler

There are more things but, as always, time runs short

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/18 8:32 p.m.

Why are you so far away? I'd take this in an instant. My kid is 2 years away from license age and having a car he worked on and invested time in is something I'm considering for "my" next project car. 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
11/30/18 11:57 a.m.

Anybody?

:)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/18 7:19 p.m.

Front or all wheel drive?

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
12/1/18 7:28 a.m.

It's all-wheel-drive, as is the spare gearbox.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/18/19 4:39 p.m.

Still taking up space.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/18/19 7:40 p.m.

The car is complete and comes with a few spares; the gearbox, driveshaft and rear diff from a '98 OBS, I believe it has 3.90 gears whereas the Brighton at the moment has 4.44, I think. Also a radiator, fans, etc.

It came with a 1.8 but a Phase I EJ22 has been hacked in. It ran for a few years after the poverty swap but got worse and worse until it was not drivable. I have no idea what is causing it and also no motivation to keep throwing money at it, or time to dig into it. I know it is not the fuel pump or MAF since those were replaced and nothing changed. At least it wasn't those. At this point, I literally have NO idea what the issue is. The body is shockingly low on rust, there are a couple of tiny spots but it's beyond craigslist "rust free". I bought the tires right before it gave up the ghost for good and they have fewer than 1,000 miles on them, not that it really matters.

$300

Located in Canton, IL

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
2/18/19 10:02 p.m.

Might be worth checking to see if there are any codes, a failed crank position sensor could definitely cause that.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/21/19 6:14 p.m.

The last time I had it scanned it came back as cylinder #2 misfire, o2 sensor fault and one other I can't recall, EGR maybe, but no crank or cam sensor.

Knurled.
2/24/19 8:17 a.m.

I still really want this but will be in a financial pizdec for a while.

Wanna buy an RX-3?

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/24/19 12:07 p.m.

I find those intriguing but, I'm swearing off project cars.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/24/19 4:01 p.m.

I will not offer a three way deal to get a RX3.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/19 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

But it's a RX3...and you could pick up a bonus Opel Kadett while you are here. 

Knurled.
2/24/19 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

It's the one you saw at Evan's place when you picked up the.... item.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/26/19 10:44 a.m.

Text:

Three zero nine, six two zero, one one one five to contact me, or email to Jedediah with the number eighty (no space between) at yahoo.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/26/19 4:10 p.m.

There's an RX-3?

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/26/19 5:16 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

I think either EvanB or Knurled has one.

Brett_Murphy
2/26/19 5:41 p.m.

They're in Rust-halla. Dangit.

Knurled.
2/26/19 7:04 p.m.

It has been in a barn since 1979.

Brett_Murphy
2/27/19 9:21 a.m.

You got a quirky old car that may have been saved from the rust monster for sale. Whatever you do, don't post pictures or details. I mean it. KK, thx.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/19 6:38 p.m.

No pictures here. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/19 6:59 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Dude, you have a 1:1 scale locomotive?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.