Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/1/19 3:16 p.m.

Ok, a multitude of health/safety/food rules prevent this from being anything official, but by Saturday's concours I get pretty tired of track food.

So, a few of the other staffers and I have valiantly volunteered ourselves to officiate the unofficial $2000 Challenge Cook-Off. If you cook food at the track, we'll (probably) eat it and tell you it's awesome. No, we can't give out a trophy, and no, we can't technically acknowledge this exists. But have a bunch of people cooking good food ever made a race track worse? We didn't think so.

Word on the street is that Gainesville's Craigslist is full of cheap grills right before the event. wink

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/1/19 3:18 p.m.

Oh, and somebody should probably bring stuff to make tacos, otherwise the Gastropods are going to drive on public roads to find some. I'm not sure the people of Gainesville are ready for that....

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/1/19 3:35 p.m.

I don't think you can stop us from getting tacos at this point. laugh

But I thiiiiiiiink the idea was to make a taco run on Friday. Many of us should be around for food shenanigans after the Concourse. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/19 7:42 p.m.

Tom, you may have missed it, but we’re doing a concours lunch taco bar.  I would accept monies toward reimbursement of some of the food cost but will not be selling nor expecting it.  

Patrick
10/1/19 8:26 p.m.

Also track food sucks, especially theirs.  Sorry, not sorry track food lovers 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/19 10:55 p.m.

Hong Norr has this imaginary trophy locked up if they bring that super happy grill master dude with them.  Can’t remember name, thinking it was Tommy? Dude *dominates* the grill.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/19 10:56 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Get you a Road America bratwurst someday and you’ll never want to go to any other track.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/19 11:24 a.m.

BTW, I'll be doing brats again in the parking lot on Thursday. Got 60 on order. Come by and get one.

If you want something else grilled, bring it. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/2/19 11:48 a.m.

Wait, we're doing a taco bar? 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/2/19 12:28 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I was thinking I missed something too - but I've been behind on the gastropod thread

Patrick
10/2/19 1:39 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In the spirit of the event, go big or go home, also eat tacos and have fun

also accepting applications for sous chefs because making tacos for a bunch of people is beyond my normal scope.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/19 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I can help with the taco bar. Are you bringing a grill/griddle? Want me to throw my griddle in so you don't have to lug a grill along?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/2/19 3:15 p.m.

Will there still be time for Hogan's and 5 star pizza?

Patrick
10/2/19 3:16 p.m.

Bringing a grill, bought specifically to keep in the trailer so I don’t ever have to succumb to the stomach death of racetrack food wherever i go.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/2/19 6:23 p.m.

Is it cheating if I import a chef and his smoker?

Patrick
10/2/19 6:27 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Planning to have tacos when we would typically get hogan’s Saturday, so i suggest a hogan’s lunch run friday during the autocross.  5 star pizza will be on hand Thursday for parking lot build lunch

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/2/19 6:48 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Is it cheating if I import a chef and his smoker?

If you're thinking what I think you're thinking....Maybe next year.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/2/19 6:49 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

The punch-list on the car is long enough. I’ll eat my E36 M3ty track corn-dog and LIKE it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wfnssMEvcbVMZah3ngRkQjD0RQbn2siRnET8CakRzaN4acoMKezedrSwt4O3Flva