DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
11/29/20 12:23 p.m.

My son works with a fellow who just bought a building  to start a side business and he's clearing it out of whatever stuff is left there. I haven't seen photos of what's there, but he was intending to toss stuff in a dumpster when my son recognized some of it as old race parts and told him not to toss it. If any of it is useful to use for my Challenge car is it free or FMV. For the record, I have no idea what's there, only that my son thinks it's race car parts for some reason.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/20 12:27 p.m.

I think I should come check everything out first so you don't accidentally take stuff you don't need.  

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
11/29/20 12:30 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

LOL. Well, given that you've done me a favour or two, I'll put you first on the list if it's a Cosworth engine, or something else I have no need for.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/20 1:33 p.m.

I would turn this in to an offer to clean out the building in exchange for the parts.  That way you don't have to FMV it just account for your time.  That's after looking at them and making sure they are worth the time.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/2/20 8:41 p.m.

Let me know if you need assistance in hauling away that 'scrap'.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
12/6/20 8:08 p.m.

Well, it turns out the" three skids of car parts " are actually three skids of promotional stuff in cardboard boxes marked Fabcar. So the fellow that bought the warehouse has enough pads of paper, pens and key chains to last him most of the rest of his life. There weren't even any Fabcar stickers so I could put a couple on my Challenge Corolla and lend it an air of professional respectability.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/20 8:50 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I think you should take a budget hit for getting us all excited over nothing.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/20 1:10 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Darn, I was really hoping for Lambo kit car bodies. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tfEZ0jfWgTlvfRw9Skv38cyYiIvI5166u1RsgZma1z9iyBZcLavofJRbgU0uPUX5