HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
4/21/20 3:26 p.m.

I've got a couple of cars I want to get out of the yard, and I'd love to see them go to a school team that's trying to get a start.  I've got several Z31 300ZX's, and an RX-8.  Anyone know of any teams that could benefit?

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/24/20 1:31 p.m.

Dang. You're too far away from PA. I suspect #16 would like to bring something different than his Miata...

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
4/24/20 1:38 p.m.

If he's really interested, we might can get a GRM transport going :)  Someone may be passing through with an empty trailer headed in that direction, and I'd be open to helping meet someone with it.  

CSmith
CSmith New Reader
4/27/20 10:25 p.m.

I'm number 16... I am very interested, do any of the z31 cars run?

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
4/29/20 8:41 a.m.

Yes, well, they did when parked.  I've got an '87 I believe that has a small dent in the back (less than palm size) on the DS corner.  It had a leaking rear caliper when I bought it, was going to use it as a driver/toy, but haven't had the time to play with it.  Really nice thing is that parts are cheap on RockAuto for anything that needs to be replaced.  Get a 3.3 out of a later model Villager mini-van and drop in with the 3.0 heads & a set of cams and have some fun.  

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
5/22/20 8:47 p.m.

Ok, got an '87 300ZX passed off to Christopher last weekend.  Just FYI, he got for free an '87 300ZX that ran and drove onto the tow dolly, a spare set of wheels, spare heads/cams, spare diff, front crossmember, front spindles with springs & rotors, and a driver's suit.  His dad got a free pair of Koni Sports for his NC Miata.  Still got a cool RX8 and some more 300ZX's if anyone is interested.  

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/20 9:01 p.m.

My son is 9 and getting the itch to build a challenge car, but unless we GRM relay it I cannot make a run from ohio to Georgia anytime soon.  I bet he would like a 300zx because he loves my 240Z.  

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
5/22/20 9:10 p.m.

If you can work it out, I'll be happy to load it up & send it y'all's way!  Would really love to see the build pics on that, my kids never got the car bug, but that's just how it goes :( 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/23/20 8:35 a.m.

In reply to HoserRacing :

My son just graduated high school and made noises about wanting the BMW heap car.  But it's terrible and I feel like it would make him sad to try and improve it.  Would you care to shoot me a text/call and we may take something off your hands and put it in his?

8five9 six99 eight3four3

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/20 4:16 p.m.

This interests me as a project for my son, but I'm not sure about Challenging it. If you've GOT to get rid of the cars, I might be interested in one of the Zs or the RX-8. I'm more confident in being able to bring the RX-8 back to life than any of the others, to be honest.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
5/24/20 6:22 p.m.

If he wants to try the RX8, he's welcome to it. Figure you've got the background to get it going. When is a good timeline for you?

5/24/20 6:55 p.m.

I sent you a message, Hoser.

5/25/20 12:27 a.m.
HoserRacing said:

Ok, got an '87 300ZX passed off to Christopher last weekend.  Just FYI, he got for free an '87 300ZX that ran and drove onto the tow dolly, a spare set of wheels, spare heads/cams, spare diff, front crossmember, front spindles with springs & rotors, and a driver's suit.  His dad got a free pair of Koni Sports for his NC Miata.  Still got a cool RX8 and some more 300ZX's if anyone is interested.  

You sir, are gentleman and a phenomenal provider here! Not only dod we get a tractor assist up the gravel driveway, but as stated, a running 300ZX ald lots of extra parts (spare heads, front spindles/suspension, etc and many thanks for the struts as well!)

The trip north was uneventful (always good when towing!) and we stopped at a local car wash before getting home so "mom" wouldn't see quite as much dirt. Christopher has been using a Bissel Green Machine and now some drill-driven cleaning brushes on the seats and carpet and has pulled out years worth of dirt (this is a ~200K mile car). He's happy as all get out & loves the T Tops. Naturally, starting with radio upgrades before anything else... but hey, it will be his ride. May as well enjoy it. We've looked at brake hardware and should be moving forward on that soon, but I have been busy with the TR7 project on my side of things. 

Also - he found a live, small black scorpion (maybe 2 1/2" long?) still in the car. AFTER cleaning Monday-Friday... there it was on the passenger footwell carpet Saturday morning! 

5/25/20 12:29 a.m.

Also, if you have rear trim components for the 300ZX, we'd be interested in getting this back to a full interior instead of going all out race mode. I'll gladly cover shipping and any effort needed to pull from another / parts car. Preferably with the gray interior (since you seem to have a few)

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
5/25/20 4:43 a.m.

Sure thing.  Let me know what pieces y'all need and I'll see what I can dig out.  Wow, I bet the interior looks tons better with that cleaning!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/25/20 7:10 p.m.

What all is left, I'm looking for something to build with my daughter, been looking at e36 and whatnot but we'd help empty your lot

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
5/25/20 7:58 p.m.

Two best projects are the '04 RX-8 and an '86 or '87 300ZX automatic.  I can throw in a transmission & stuff needed to make it a 5 speed if someone wanted to do the swap.  If either of those sound good, let me know & I'll hit you up tomorrow.  About to go to bed, working 7 days a week has been wearing me out lol

5/25/20 8:06 p.m.

The RX8 is a pretty car and in really good shape on the body. It's an automatic, not sure of the engine status though. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/26/20 5:34 a.m.

An auto rx8 sounds wrong but might be right for the kiddo. 

5/26/20 12:13 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

The autos are detuned a bit and much harder to get the rear end to slide around with. 

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
6/6/20 7:43 p.m.

Well, the RX8 is gone to Chandler and his daughter. There is still an auto 300ZX if anyone is interested

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ilSh4ttUTrEabOvwG59EUAWItU1RILxNCLFcfqhaabmsfq96gnN0xQ7W6SyjbSMF