DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
6/9/19 7:26 a.m.

I have sold the shell of my Challenge car down to zero. If I manage to trade some remaining stuff for some parts (ex. trade the dash cluster for an intake manifold) how do the new parts get budgeted? Free , or FMV?

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
6/9/19 8:05 a.m.

Free but in the notes on the budget sheet say what was traded. "Traded dash from parts car for twin turbo 6.0 LS dynoed at 1000hp."

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/9/19 8:35 a.m.

If it were Counted FMV It wouldn't be worth Trading, I lose Value on stuff to Get What I Want or need. I would Trade 3 Hundred dollar parts to get a hundred dollar part I Need And prob. More For something I Want.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/9/19 8:48 a.m.
GTXVette said:

If it were Counted FMV It wouldn't be worth Trading, I lose Value on stuff to Get What I Want or need. I would Trade 3 Hundred dollar parts to get a hundred dollar part I Need And prob. More For something I Want.

True.  Lopsided trades are fair game as long as it’s with someone else.  You can’t trade a corolla axle for an ls6 to yourself, but if some poor sucker reeaaallllyyyy needs that axle and offers you it, game on.  I traded a small piece someone really needed to them for something quite large and would cost 10x more, because he realllyyyy needed what i had and didn’t have money

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
6/9/19 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

If you look at what some vendors are asking for TE27 Corolla parts on Ebay a trade for an engine wouldn't be impossible.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
6/9/19 9:27 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

It is amazing sometimes when I look up part values. I think we're spoiled by this community and other true car people with how we're willing to help each other out. 

Our Preferred Partners
XVB2xcrO5MEDYsKxuayWoAbVfwbkndMB5aAVtzi7c2kjREzd8BsOE7VsnyWFR9lb