1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/19 4:43 p.m.
bobzilla said:
slowbird said:
eastsideTim said:

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

I'm afraid of finishing in the bottom 10. But that's probably where I belong. lol

Fun factoid about me: I would be perfectly happy finishing DFL. But I'll talk smack clear up to that point!

The PLB wasn't dfl last year but we only got one spot better AND we did sort of cheat by getting a tow around the first course instead of a dnf.

And I'm STILL talking smack!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/19 7:29 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Pretty sure that E30 is coming back. If so I think it'll beat your AMC. 

Anti smack talk ... I almost called Michael 5 times that morning when the AMC went up for sale. I still regret not making the call. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/19 7:57 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You and me both, i think i let him talk me out of it

Stampie
10/8/19 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

He should get some GRM demerits for unenableing. 

bigben
bigben Reader
10/8/19 8:41 p.m.

I`d like to contribute to this smack talk but nothing witty comes to mind, so I'll just insult the dozen Miatas that will likely  show up.

Mein kleines deutsches Auto ist besser als dein hässlicher kleiner japanischer Schmetterling
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/8/19 8:43 p.m.

Being as this is my first year competing i dont feel i have earned the right to trash talk yet. I just hope my car makes it further down the track than the rod i might send through the block...

Robbie
10/8/19 9:26 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Robbie :

Pretty sure that E30 is coming back. If so I think it'll beat your AMC. 

Anti smack talk ... I almost called Michael 5 times that morning when the AMC went up for sale. I still regret not making the call. 

You mean the mr2?

I'll be happy if it's back and dominant. We were really close. 

Robbie
10/8/19 9:28 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Stampie :

You and me both, i think i let him talk me out of it

Assuming all goes well we'll have you guys drive it if you like! 

Stampie
10/9/19 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I thought the E30 finished last. Think they dnf both autocross runs. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/19 10:41 a.m.
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/19 12:47 p.m.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/9/19 3:18 p.m.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/9/19 3:22 p.m.
Patrick said:

Vinyl machine firing on all comic sans cylinders 

That would look nice on the Canexican's truck. Just sayin.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/9/19 9:20 p.m.

Barely Funtional Racing's Jaaag XJR will beat Team Stampie and his polished turd in at least 2 out of  the three scored events.  And we even have a much better custom battery hold down.  And it didn't take two years to finish.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
10/10/19 5:01 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:

Being as this is my first year competing i dont feel i have earned the right to trash talk yet. I just hope my car makes it further down the track than the rod i might send through the block...

I bet my engine can throw a rod 15 feet further than your engine!

Top that!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/10/19 5:26 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Barely Funtional Racing's Jaaag XJR will beat Team Stampie and his polished turd in at least 2 out of  the three scored events.  And we even have a much better custom battery hold down.  And it didn't take two years to finish.

My custom battery hold down is cooler than yours 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/10/19 7:32 a.m.
Bent-Valve said:
surfshibby07 said:

Top that!

Back in 82 i could throw a rod a quarter mile. How much you wanna bet i can throw a rod over a mountain? 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/19 7:56 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Indy-Guy said:

My custom battery hold down is cooler than yours 

My custom battery cover is an old kitty litter tub. My 9th grade English teacher would call that foreshadowing. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
10/10/19 8:56 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:
Bent-Valve said:
surfshibby07 said:

Top that!

Back in 82 i could throw a rod a quarter mile. How much you wanna bet i can throw a rod over a mountain? 

That's awesome! I bet one taco, no wait, THREE tacos, that you can't!

The only thing I did close to that was blow a transmission (only 1st and 3rd left in 5 spd) and engine ( spun bearing, broke a rod) in the same vehicle in less than 30 minutes. No parts came out though.

Pyro then had the Jeep blow up (ac pulley) towing me home with 90 miles to go.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/10/19 10:57 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:
Bent-Valve said:
surfshibby07 said:

Top that!

This is how a Rod throwing competition starts.  Forget valve cover racing, someone bring an old rod and we shall see who can toss it the farthest...

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
10/10/19 11:14 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Discus style, overhand or underarm? Chevy small block or, my favorite, Detroit 60 Series? laugh

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/10/19 11:18 a.m.
pimpm3 said:
surfshibby07 said:
Bent-Valve said:
surfshibby07 said:

Top that!

This is how a Rod throwing competition starts.  Forget valve cover racing, someone bring an old rod and we shall see who can toss it the farthest...

Think the track would let us get away with it in one of the grassy areas?  I have a few old Honda d-series pistons/rods on a shelf in my garage.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/10/19 11:28 a.m.

I am sure the track would have no problem with a rod throwing competition, as long as we keep it away from innocent bystanders.  I don't think it matters what type of rod we use as long as everyone throws the same one.  I think throwing style is up to the participant.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/10/19 11:29 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Finally a competition I think I can win. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/10/19 11:34 a.m.

I do have a box of 4.6 rods i can bring...Also have 4 240sx ka rods with pistons.

This is happening...

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oFWY7VHxXUCJt1mmcrmehESz97ZQ54YKlOcSsmT6s9wjjEt5V7GyDYb7cKEQVS3K