brooksa
brooksa New Reader
2/2/11 1:17 p.m.

1990 Miata Hardtop coilovers, slotted rotors.

The Good: Miata with factory hardtop No rust Slotted rotors Coilovers (raceland with @ 4K miles) Rolled fenders (had 15" x 8" XXRs on it) Aftermarket 14” alloy wheels Newer tires Perfect rocker panels RX7 Air Flow Meter Cone Filter 118K showing (mileage exempt title) Aftermarket steering wheel

The challenges: Removed cracked rear finish panel Missing a few lenses Interior needs some attention, but is functional Dents here and there commensurate with age Needs exhaust Needs a tuneup Paint could be better One spark plug has been helicoiled, but seems to be working fine.

Summary: 1990 Miata this is as close to rust-free as I’ve seen. Unfortunately the previous owner riced it out a bit at the expense of maintenance. Several ways you could go with this: re-rice it if that’s your thing, restore it relatively easily with some used parts and a good tuneup, part it out or use it as a spec-miata shell. I simply don’t have the bandwidth to deal with this one. It’ll want to be towed as it’s not running well enough for road use, though a set of plug wires helped considerably. Timing will need to be checked and a coil pack that’s on it’s way may solve it (coil pack is included).

Transaction: The car is priced at $1200 without a top. The car with the hardtop is priced at $1950. Will consider partial trade for a softtop miata. I will not sell the hardtop separately without the car selling first. The car is located in Arlington, VA. Cash only, no shipping.

Please email on brooks dot anthony at gmail

brooksa
brooksa New Reader
2/8/11 8:18 a.m.

Now running and idling!

digdug18
digdug18 HalfDork
2/8/11 9:54 p.m.

where is it located at?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
2/9/11 4:36 a.m.

Arlington, VA

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/9/11 6:58 a.m.

I understand that there are no guarantees but would it make a 700 mile drive?

brooksa
brooksa New Reader
2/14/11 6:50 p.m.

Honestly: no. but it sold, so you won't have that inner turmoil of considering risking it.

Thanks for the interest, everyone. It's going to a greater good.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AgcA7ANrD2cmBWlnCRbLfLKDwyFhregYX1OjmlAObMDdEYgjeo38WKu79HGGQNpR