mulletmaster
mulletmaster New Reader
3/4/10 11:34 a.m.

Not mine, but figured someone may need this vehicle

Link to Ad

"

Ad said:

1990 Volvo 780 Bertone 2.3L Turbo. 148k. AT. Runs and drives excellent. In-dash cassette with 6 CD changer. All fluids serviced. Newer battery, timing belt and tires. Transmission shifts good. The belts squeal momentarily when first started in the morning on cold days, so they may need to be replaced. Body in good condition though the paint is faded because it spent most of it's life in San Diego, but there is no rust at all. Until a few weeks ago, I was driving it 85+ miles a day from Statesville to Winston Salem, so it is very dependable. I would love the keep it, but I have 6 vehicles. Something has to be sold. If you're not familiar with the 780; it's similar to the 740 or 760 but with a 2-door body. It was Volvo's flagship car in 1990, costing $40,000 when new.

Call Brett 704-682-7528 Test messages will not be answered.

"

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/4/10 11:59 a.m.

That is purty

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/4/10 12:07 p.m.

They are, aren't they? And pretty rare, too.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
3/4/10 12:20 p.m.

Cool, looks like all the rare (read expensive to replace) exterior parts are there. Looks like a great buy.

Did they really cost $40k in 1990?

Shaun
Shaun Reader
3/4/10 12:50 p.m.

A quick bit of searching turns up that this would be one of the few cars that would have the b230+ gen 3 which engine which has forged pistons and a forged crank and comes after the less desirable low friction red blocks so it has the bigger rods and bearing surfaces. 188 hp 200 ftlbs before the turbo-bricks shenanigans. I might be wrong on all that, but it looks like it might have lots of desirable bits. It has a IRS as well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
INeeMVzraEu3UMRxfhzFAsB5om19U53ybaD0ICZwDJOGyFT8GL2veBbFsyQuB8ri