Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 8:40 p.m.

So if I hypothetically trade a car for another car and were to look at using it as a plan b car for my challenge effort, do I need to budget for what I have into the car I traded for it or can I budget the sale price the seller had listed for it or?

Car in question is a 2003 Crown Vic listed for $1150 and I haven't kept track of what I have into the Mustang I'm possibly trading for it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/19 8:59 p.m.

Heads might explode over this, but the Veteran move is to get seller to write you a receipt for the car minus parts you’re going to remove before the Challenge.   So they’re asking 1150 with old-man whitewalls and a trailer hitch, for example.  So get a receipt that says

• car minus tires and trailer hitch, $500 
  • tires $500
  • trailer hitch $150
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 9:02 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Probably not gonna remove much because it's going to be daily driver first and backup Gastropod car 2nd. But if I get a receipt for the $1,150 I can just roll with that?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/19 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

See ninja edit above

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 9:04 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Alright. I think I'm starting to get how this game works.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/15/19 8:43 p.m.

Yeah.. Cunning me would have gotten a separate receipt for wheels and tires on hazmat.. Now that I am starting to understand how this game is played... even still.. The $200 remaining budget I have is workable.. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/15/19 9:50 p.m.

Not giving up all hope yet but looks like the dude with the Crown Vic lost interest and I still own a Mustang. Shame. I was hoping to put my T45 in it and have twin full size stick cars taking up way too much room. 

This is still useful info if I end up doing this again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oYryGOs6ev4E8VDqWKcLvRpmyAOmnmX5u4XNHqqACTkmkrqzH52N1w7SQ5KJCTOf