1 2
Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
8/26/19 11:00 p.m.

Should we have a FMV thread where member can get an opinion?

I think so and I searched. There is one but its like for a particular car / member. I don't want to hijack that thread.

So I'll put my request here and if others want a place to get a random fmv from members feel free to post it here.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
8/26/19 11:09 p.m.

Accordianfolder got this car and has moved on. I won't make this years Challenge but would like a valuation for a start.

Its a 2002 ZX2, showroom stock class originally. Came with 4 used track tires and rims besides the ones on it. I didn't pay for it but

snuck by his house early one morning, hooked it up and stole away into the grey dawn. So I am not sure what to put for value on a build sheet.

First gear synco is shot but other than that its pretty decent. (oh, I dented the trunk with the backhoe today, blush but that was after I stole it)

Can ya'll give me a $ amount? Thanks.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/19 9:09 a.m.

i wouldn't pay more than $500 and i'd have to be high like towelie.   when did accordionfolder buy it and, if it was within the last 24 months or so, what did he pay?  i mean, you probably already kinda know an FMV from that.   but i wouldn't protest $500 unless the spare track wheels are Forgelines or CCWs or something equally baller.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
8/28/19 7:13 p.m.

Accordianfolder paid a bit for it. 

$750 is better than I hoped for and would leave me quite a bit to work with on a challenge build. If any body protests I can up it.

$750, going once, going........

On a separate note it does have a vin tag. I talked to an attorney here in town and can get it titled. I'm just not sure I want the title $500 worth though. 

It could be street legal and an uncomfortable daily then. laugh

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/28/19 7:39 p.m.

Sold for $750. 

Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer New Reader
8/29/19 2:15 p.m.

It might get messy to get it all in one thread.  We can try.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/21/19 7:34 p.m.

I'll try to see if we can keep it all in one thread - I went shopping at my storage locker today, and dug this stuff out:

Three different transmission coolers.  The top two look like they are in really nice shape, and I'm not sure where I got them from.  The bottom one I think is from an old Land Cruiser.  I also found some of the ziptie-ish things that attach them to a radiator.  Any thoughts on FMV?  For each of the three coolers, and for the mounting stuff?  Figure I'll only use one, but didn't know people's thoughts on their worth, based on condition/size/etc.

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
9/25/19 4:59 a.m.

I have been using pic a part price list for parts I have had a while. Is that ok ?

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/25/19 5:29 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I'll try to see if we can keep it all in one thread - I went shopping at my storage locker today, and dug this stuff out:

Three different transmission coolers.  The top two look like they are in really nice shape, and I'm not sure where I got them from.  The bottom one I think is from an old Land Cruiser.  I also found some of the ziptie-ish things that attach them to a radiator.  Any thoughts on FMV?  For each of the three coolers, and for the mounting stuff?  Figure I'll only use one, but didn't know people's thoughts on their worth, based on condition/size/etc.

Does $6 to $10 sound right?  Its the best guess I remember from swap meets. I couldn't find anything similar on pic n pull price list.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/25/19 5:29 a.m.
stan_d said:

I have been using pic a part price list for parts I have had a while. Is that ok ?

I'd say yes. Its what I am looking at for a current market value.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/19 7:30 a.m.

In reply to stan_d :

As long as it’s for something you can actually walk in and get, and not “this undocumented t56 is worth $65 according to the junkyard parts price list” 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/25/19 7:40 a.m.

Okay, I'll check in with the local upull yard price lists.  The biggest concern I have with that is similar to Patrick's comment, in that the one I want looks very lightly used, so I'm not sure a junkyard price is appropriate.

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
9/25/19 10:24 a.m.

I received two sets of wheels as a quarterly bonus from a job a few years back. I'm assuming one would value them at FMV or ?  Wheels are Enkei RP03 (discontinued).  

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/25/19 1:34 p.m.

Just a reminder, everybody: The $2000 Challenge Rules require:

Supporting documentation for every fair market value calculation used in the budget.

Don't forget!

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/29/19 6:48 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Just a reminder, everybody: The $2000 Challenge Rules require:

Supporting documentation for every fair market value calculation used in the budget.

Don't forget!

Hence the reason I asked about the ZX2. I just registered and needed a place to start. Is everybody still ok with $750? I am not going to make any changes except cosmetic before the Challenge.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/19 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

Oh I thought it was an auction and I won for $750. Jk I think 750 for a sitting race car is fair. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/19 8:48 p.m.

How about this gas gauge? I think equus is the harbor freight line. I got it in a box when I literally bought a couple of shelving units full of Miata junk from a Craigslist person.

Patrick
9/29/19 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I wouldn’t pay more than $1 for that

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/29/19 10:06 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I agree with Patrick I wouldn't pay more than $1.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/30/19 5:43 a.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve and Patrick :

I very much agree with you guys, thanks. Upon testing it even looked like it worked, then after install maybe not. Need to actually add some gas to see.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/2/19 5:48 p.m.

Ok so my Camaro came with two sets of wheels.  These 18x10.5's were on the car and the stock wheels with no tires were also included.

I am a cheap ass and decided to reuse the 255/40r17 Hankooks from my s10.  This was great because they fit perfectly on the stock wheels and I had them.

That leaves these 18x10.5's.  Two have bald 315 drag radials and two have 295/35r18 continentals with decent tread.  One of the continentals has a knot and is useless. 

If I decide to keep the car for afterwards to autocross these 18x10.5's allow for CAM friendly tire sizes whereas the stock wheels are limited to  a 255.  So to my point.  I don't want to sell them but I could use some budget room.  What are the wheels worth?  I figure this is the best place to affix a fair market value.

The actual polish up pretty nice.  They are polished aluminum.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
10/2/19 8:32 p.m.

Looked at CL for 18 inch aluminum wheels

per wheel these are sample prices: 50 150 100 112 125 175 125 50 125 = 1012 / 9 = $ 112.44 average per wheel

PicknPull says 19.99 but the nice ones are pulled, sold upfront and carry a roughly similar price to what I figured above

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/2/19 9:31 p.m.

I kind of had $200 in mind for the set.  I imagine at that price they would sell pretty easily.

I want to be fair and reasonable by getting a consensus on the forum.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
10/3/19 6:33 a.m.
pimpm3 said:

I kind of had $200 in mind for the set.  I imagine at that price they would sell pretty easily.

I want to be fair and reasonable by getting a consensus on the forum.

I broke it down per wheel so $200 for the set is ok by me.

Anybody second that?

Patrick
10/3/19 7:10 a.m.

I’d pay 200 for them, I wouldn’t pay more 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bfnuXKqdoAWPczRmOXsi0xQUCYlpq1nvDs44n4yBui5lZL66F69q4KmQju8GXDEy