barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
10/8/20 12:50 p.m.

What is the best airport to fly into heading to challenge? And what is the preferred method from airport to event?

trying to weigh options. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/8/20 12:59 p.m.
barefootskater said:

What is the best airport to fly into heading to challenge? And what is the preferred method from airport to event?

trying to weigh options. 

For price, probably Orlando - Sanford.  Otherwise, the main Orlando or Jacksonville airports are good.  Flying to Gainesville is possible, as long as your flight doesn’t get canceled at the last minute. I think my wife’s connection was canceled right before she boarded the first leg of her flight back in 2005.

Edit - after that, rental car or hitch a ride with another challenger.

Edit again - looks like Frontier flies from Vegas to the main Orlando airport, and you may be able to score round trip tickets (before add ons) for around $200, less if you are a member of their frequent flyer program.

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/8/20 1:26 p.m.

Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville are your best choices, followed by St. Pete Clearwater (Allegiant), Sanford and Sarasota. There are GRMr's near all of these that could possibly give you a lift.

If you find cheap flights to Tampa I can get you to and from Gainesville. I plan on heading up the morning of the 22nd and back the evening of the 24th.

johndej
johndej Dork
10/8/20 1:28 p.m.
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/20 1:41 p.m.
barefootskater said:

trying to weigh options. 

It’s going to be hard to get your car to fit as carry on. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
10/8/20 3:07 p.m.

Thanks all. 
flying is out, because shipping the car would cost too much. 

We may be able to tow it. Or bring a different one. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XG0yMIaFeRA8A46C4de9tU8XyajgNdYdrc6k75wgFyFpGmfM7FIfz9tck72nK20P