davbro
davbro New Reader
11/2/20 10:53 p.m.

I am thinking about using the springs off a used set of ebay coilovers that i am about to toss and wanted to get an idea of what you guys think the FMV should be....$20?

Front Camber Plates - $10???

Below is a picture of an example of what i am refering to

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Coilovers-for-BMW-3-Series-E46-Shock-Absorbers-Struts-Adj-Height-Coil/222910086039?epid=26021695402&hash=item33e679fb97:g:Z90AAOSwpAZfPJ1o

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/20 5:52 a.m.

What did you pay for them?

davbro
davbro New Reader
11/3/20 1:53 p.m.

I bought the coilovers new (maybe high $200s) about 3 years ago for my e46 wagon daily driver and they are now dead but i was thinking of using the springs for a challenge car...if they fit

Stampie (FS)
11/3/20 2:11 p.m.

My junkyard has springs for $15 plus $3 core so $18 each.  Strut mount plates are $5 plus $1 core so $6 each.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/4/20 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

How often do you see adjustable camber plates at the yard? If someone where to list E46 adjustable camber plates on here for $100 bucks they'd likely sell within a week, at $75 they'd definitely sell. 

Stampie (FS)
11/4/20 11:24 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I agree just was saying what my yard would charge.  Personally I'd drill the strut towers and get my camber that way but I'm a cheap SOB.

davbro
davbro New Reader
11/4/20 11:28 a.m.

The link i posted is a coilover system for $300 brand new...i am trying to figure out what individual parts of this kit would be used.  Are you saying that the camber plates from a $300 kit would be $75-$100 used as FMV?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/4/20 1:19 p.m.

In reply to davbro :

I'm saying if you were to take two to three photos of the camber plates and list them in the classifieds on here for $75, that they would sell quickly. 

I don't even have an E46 and if they were listed at 50, I would buy them because I know friends that would buy them at 75 to 100. Sight unseen. 

davbro
davbro New Reader
11/4/20 1:43 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Well maybe i will do that instead of trying to see if they will fit a Saab....and slot struts for camber, Good idea to make some money

Stampie (FS)
11/4/20 1:49 p.m.

At the Challenge it was discussed buying the maxpeeingrods coilovers and just using the camber plates and springs with better shocks.  Not sure if they make them for your Saab or what the price is.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/4/20 3:32 p.m.

I might pry that kit out and simply hit the discount section of speedway motors to buy new know rate and length springs for 50/pair.

davbro
davbro New Reader
11/4/20 3:53 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

At the Challenge it was discussed buying the maxpeeingrods coilovers and just using the camber plates and springs with better shocks.  Not sure if they make them for your Saab or what the price is.

Nothing for the Saab and i am trying to do a $1000 build so i will keep my options open....leaning towards just modifying the struts or do what i did with my Mirage when it was a challenge car and cut slots directly into the strut towercool​​​​​​​

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/20 3:54 p.m.

Those specific camber plates are $68 new from MaXpeedingRods without the coilovers.  I would be ok with half of that as a fmv for a few year old used ones.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dLYkxKfLcGsDqEHax7LSgHFxUUEb18SS8mzdlK2kt3wjgox4PVpAcEPcYI01kudu