1 2
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
9/22/12 9:45 a.m.

There are some 13" by 6" BBS basket weave wheels on a Yugo at the local junkyard. Someone should go buy these!

Tom Suddard
9/22/12 9:45 a.m.

They're at the LKQ in Daytona.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
9/22/12 9:50 a.m.

Seeing as it is a Yugo are you sure someone didnt just force a set of 4x100s on there? If they are really 4x98 they'd be worth something to someone in the Fiat world.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
9/22/12 8:01 p.m.

I had a set of 13x6 BBS wheels on an X1/9 years ago, also had a set of mesh MSW wheels that looked like the BBS, and had a set of BWA wheels there were mesh, all in 4x98 bolt pattern.

sporqster
sporqster Reader
9/22/12 8:30 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: There are some 13" by 6" BBS basket weave wheels on a Yugo at the local junkyard. Someone should go buy these!

I expect that my Challenge co-driver will very much want. He is has a chronic case of Fiat.

Tom Suddard
9/23/12 9:21 a.m.

The yard wants $120 for the set; make me an offer to go pull them and bring them to the challenge.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/24/12 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

PM Sent.

sporqster
sporqster Reader
9/24/12 8:22 a.m.

I sent this to my co-driver who is clearly sleeping in or being willfully internet illiterate if he's not sent you an offer yet. I know he wants badly.

PBeeMax
PBeeMax None
9/24/12 9:25 a.m.

PM Sent.

Tom Suddard
9/24/12 9:42 a.m.

I received both of your PMs. Here's the deal:

I live in Deland, which is southeast of Gainesville. I'll be leaving here Thursday evening for the challenge.

The wheels are in Daytona, which is about 30 miles east of Deland.

I have no portable impact gun (nor does my dad) so I'll have to beg/borrow/steal/buy one to get said wheels.

The wheels seemed to fit great and had a ton of backspacing, they looked specifically made for a Yugo. Gold centers/ polished lips, but they'll need paint.

They do still have tires on them. I didn't think of it earlier but the yard will charge me $5 a wheel to dismount the tires

I'm still willing to go get them, but they're out of my way, I'll need to borrow the right tool, and the yard will charge me $5 a wheel to pull the tire.

I can easily bring them to the challenge.

So, let the bidding begin! Do I hear $200 for the set, delivered to the challenge Thursday night? I'd go get the wheels tomorrow morning.

PBeeMax
PBeeMax New Reader
9/24/12 10:12 a.m.

I can do that.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/24/12 10:23 a.m.

I don't really need them since I have 13x7s for my Yugo but if the deal with PBeeMax falls through let me know.

Tom Suddard
9/24/12 10:31 a.m.

PBeeMax, we have a deal. I'll send you a PM tomorrow letting you know that I either A. Got them and will have them at the challenge. or B. Didn't get them and will not have them at the challenge, depending on whether or not some other Yugo freak has been by the yard in the past few days.

I take cash or paypal.

Tom Suddard
9/24/12 10:31 a.m.

Oh, and do either of you need any other Yugo parts? While I'm there I might as well grab extra.

PBeeMax
PBeeMax New Reader
9/24/12 11:34 a.m.

Cool. No need for Yugo Parts here. I can use 4x98 on my 850, but 4x100 not at all. Please verify this when you pick them. Thanks, +Paul

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/12 11:36 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Here's the deal: I have no portable impact gun (nor does my dad)

How is this possible? That has to me the most frequently used tool in my garage.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/24/12 12:05 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

If it is a 5-speed, I am interested in the transmission otherwise no I have a parts car. Depending on price.

Tom Suddard
9/24/12 12:39 p.m.
Woody wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: Here's the deal: I have no portable impact gun (nor does my dad)
How is this possible? That has to me the most frequently used tool in my garage.

We use air tools.

Tom Suddard
9/24/12 12:42 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to Tom Suddard: If it is a 5-speed, I am interested in the transmission otherwise no I have a parts car. Depending on price.

There is a 5 speed Yugo in the yard, but I don't want to pull a transmission. I know a guy that pulls them for $85 though. You and I could work out a deal to deliver to the challenge.

Tom Suddard
9/25/12 3:09 p.m.

The wheels turned out to be 4x100.

Does anyone need 2002 wheels?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
9/25/12 3:13 p.m.

Be good on a rabbit also.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/25/12 3:18 p.m.

OR Civic....

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
9/25/12 4:56 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Seeing as it is a Yugo are you sure someone didnt just force a set of 4x100s on there?
Tom Suddard wrote: The wheels turned out to be 4x100.

Some days I feel clairvoyant

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
9/25/12 4:58 p.m.

Do you have them now? Pictures / offset specs? I know a few people at the challenge that could bring them north for me...

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/26/12 12:12 a.m.

I am going to guess 13x5.5" ET18.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1JlhLefEVfsXlpcbqiqsorSvqZp4kKf4iFMCQtZdox2DGh9DxkGdJOHWvbqYs7MH