Rowge
Rowge None
1/26/12 2:13 a.m.

Hi, I don't what beyond this I'll be posting to this board. I have a 97 Miata shell that I've already parted out the rest of it and am now left with a rust free perfect from the front strut towers back frame. From the front strut towers forword it was rearranged by a minivan. I'm posting this here because it would be nice if it got turned into a challenge/chump/cheap/lemons car. The frame is free for whoever can come by and get it themselves, no the dollys don't go with it

COMPLETE list of what goes with the frame: 97 frame bent at the front, Gas lines that were crimped from when the motor was pulled out, Half the brake lines, Windshield, Most of the wiring harness (may have cut off some connectors), Main piece of carpet (worn all the way through under where the pedals go), Lazer cut Miata side sill plates, Whatever scrap metal you want that I've been storing in the trunk

It still had the gas tank in when I took the pic but that already went into another Miata that had its tank rust through.

Contact at: [GRM screenname]@mindless.com <--- That should fool the spam bots walking the boards

I'm located in the Chicago Suburbs, IL and thats me in the reflection of the quarter panel.

toad9977
toad9977 New Reader
1/26/12 8:43 a.m.

Where exactly in the burbs are you located? I'm up in Vernon Hills. This is way to tempting. I just need to find a truck and a trailer. Or maybe I can strap it on to the roof rack on the WRX. It has to be light enough right??

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/26/12 9:54 a.m.

Miata tubs are not as light as they seem like they should be. I helped load an almost completely stripped one once and it took a cherry picker and four guys to get it onto the flatbed.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
1/26/12 10:13 a.m.
toad9977 wrote: Where exactly in the burbs are you located? I'm up in Vernon Hills. This is way to tempting. I just need to find a truck and a trailer. Or maybe I can strap it on to the roof rack on the WRX. It has to be light enough right??

Being the enabler that I am...I'm in grayslake - with suv and landscaping trailer, hit me up to grab it or lunch, beer, coffee.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
1/26/12 10:26 a.m.

DAMMIT - if that was a '94 or '95, I'd be there this weekend. OBDII-mandating '97 VIN is killing me.

toad9977
toad9977 New Reader
1/26/12 3:05 p.m.

@ oldtin

I might have to take you up on that offer. I'm arranging a place to store it right now, and some extra bodies to help move it.

Rowge
Rowge New Reader
2/4/12 9:34 a.m.

I still have this frame available and really would like the driveway space back. I do have a friend that could haul it off to a scrap yard as soon as I called him, but I think the frame is still saveable. Any takers?

Rowge
Rowge New Reader
2/25/12 4:03 p.m.

Frame is gone. So lock this, delete this, or just let it vanish.

B5Hoon
B5Hoon New Reader
2/29/12 6:16 p.m.

Nice meeting you, Dan... Thanks again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SDL34uWuRhKcqMzXjIzcV2VEfuR2J7mUx7rMdPx6Dn2TWDoL93RunVS7xSbRQwB6