1 2
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/30/14 3:53 p.m.

In reply to Cool_Hand_Luke:

For a Jr. in high school, you impress the hell out of me. You've got the right attitude, you're going to go far kid. Question for you: what tool(s) do you need most that you don't have yet?

Cool_Hand_Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke New Reader
4/30/14 4:37 p.m.

I think the biggest thing that would help me are some tool caddy's/organizers. I've scoured HF and can't find a thing. Just something to keep the wrenches and sockets from rolling around in the tool box. Pry bars, hammers, and any wrenches are always welcome in my garage as well

And thanks eastcoastmojo, it's the welcoming community of GRM that motivates me to work harder and learn more to achieve my goals

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/30/14 4:54 p.m.
Cool_Hand_Luke wrote: there's something really cool about knowing every single square inch of a car and understanding how all the systems and components work together like a symphony.

QFT

I started out as a cook then buss boy, then this, then that. Now I'm working four differet jobs to keep on going. I can really respect your angle and will keep you in mind when possible.

Cool_Hand_Luke
4/30/14 4:58 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Cool_Hand_Luke wrote: there's something really cool about knowing every single square inch of a car and understanding how all the systems and components work together like a symphony.
QFT I started out as a cook then buss boy, then this, then that. Now I'm working four differet jobs to keep on going. I can really respect your angle and will keep you in mind when possible.

Wow that's a lot of jobs! What do you do?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/30/14 5:09 p.m.

Dean, I believe they were shipped.

Luke, I work security full time (16 hour day yesterday ), A few hours a month at a military surplus store (here now after an 8 hor shift at the FT gig), I have a radio show that Im breaking into the market with. We're still getting cozy (see signature). Im also doing some pravate work for bail bondsmen when needed. You got any jobs for me?

And for the record, I dont HAVE to do all this. I'm hyperactive and a little bit crazy. None of the jobs pay great, so the extra mony doesnt hurt paying for toys.

Cool_Hand_Luke
4/30/14 5:13 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Dean, I believe they were shipped. Luke, I work security full time (16 hour day yesterday ), A few hours a month at a military surplus store (here now after an 8 hor shift at the FT gig), I gave a radio show that Im brwpeaking into the market with. We're still getting cozy (see signature). Im also doing some pravate work for bail bondsmen when needed. You got any jobs for me?

Well if I'm ever in the need of a can of woop-ass I know who I'll be calling!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/30/14 5:22 p.m.

Do what you love. The money may not follow, but at least you'll love what you do.

corytate
corytate UltraDork
5/1/14 10:58 p.m.

@Luke If you find yourself anywhere in NC I have a drawer of stuff to pass onto you.
Something I've done to organize my drawers is to cut down cardboard boxes to the right height and lay the sockets/wrenches/whatever else in them. free dividers that dont actually look horrible if you cut them down fairly straight. I use cardboard boxes for a lot of stuff actually lol. Free creepers! (sans wheels of course)
But yeah I have a drawer of wrenches and sockets I have no use for, a set of weird brightly colored HF ratchet wrenches, and some other odds and ends and duplicates.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
5/4/14 2:49 p.m.

OK. This is the next shipment!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
5/5/14 4:38 p.m.

QFT. I have a good paying job that I berkeleying hate. It isn't worth it.

Keep turning the wrenches you can and build your knowledge base.

The goodness of GRM is working here, keep posting. Some of us don't log on every day.

P.S. Sper has a really good show, it's worth listening to the podcasts!

N Sperlo wrote: Do what you love. The money may not follow, but at least you'll love what you do.
Cool_Hand_Luke
5/5/14 7:40 p.m.
GVX19 wrote: OK. This is the next shipment!

Email sent!

Jack
Jack SuperDork
5/12/14 10:38 p.m.

Be creative. My toolboxes are a pair of stacked four drawer bedroom bureaus. At least they match!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eWvVUoDXr3Ab9ZnukZqIiAzxB6xAXqZp0qY1XQDGVdbjd7vxnrjUVQkaVsdt806x