White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
8/26/13 5:47 p.m.

Yes, it's rattle can black with a white vinyl stripe. Yes, the plate is LE SKUNK.

What we have here is a 1988 Honda CRX Si. 238,881 miles as it sits (the current motor, a stock D16A6, has around 200k). It's had a lot of work, it needs a bit more. We autocrossed it a couple of times in 2008, but it's been on the sidelines ever since.

The good: * Comes with 14" 1st gen CRX alloys with used up Falken Azenis, plus an extra set of 14" steelies. * Stock springs installed, but you can also have the crummy eBay coilovers of unknown origin that came on it. * Uninstalled Euro spec headlights included. I bought these for my Civic wagon - they are AWESOME. I kept them for the CRX when I sold the wagon, but the CRX never made it back on the road. * Uninstalled Altezza tail lights included. They came with the car. (OK, maybe I should put this under "The Bad" section... * Aftermarket pedals and shift knob. * Custom cut indoor/outdoor carpeting I got for nothing when I worked at a flooring store. * Brand new clutch. * Brand new brake master cylinder. * Brand new alternator, never installed. * Comes with Haynes and Chilton's manuals, plus Civic Duty by Alan Paradise. * Extra random fuses in glove box - never had to replace any. * Extra keys for ignition and passenger door.

The bad: * Brakes. Yes, the master cylinder is new, but the thing won't stop. We suspect the booster. * The reason the new alternator never got installed is because the old one that literally let the magic smoke out is stuck on the pivot bolt that we were utterly unable to remove. * Good speakers, but no stereo. * Driver's seat bolster is falling apart. It passed Maine inspection with extra foam and duct tape. (Yeah, that's Maine for you.) * Custom ghetto Z3 fender gills cut right into the fenders. I assure you, the car came to us this way - I would never do this myself! * The rest of the body isn't wonderful either. It has the usual rear wheelwell rust. It's from Maine, so the underside is rusty as you'd expect from a 25 year old car (oh wow, you could plate this as an ANTIQUE!) I don't think there's a single straight body panel on the car. * Dead battery from lack of use. * No key for driver's door. * I think the shocks are all blown. * Needs an oil bath more than C-3PO.

Someone who knows what they're doing, this would be a great project, Challenge car, or whatever else you want to make of it. When we got a Miata, we lost interest in rehabilitating the CRX, and it's sat for 3-4 years (hence the dead battery). It's finally time for it to go. Hopefully it goes to a good home that will appreciate it.

$600/bo. Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with the official owner.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/26/13 6:09 p.m.

Damn.. GLWS

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
8/26/13 7:10 p.m.

A few things I forgot...

The car did run a bit in 09 and was registered until 2010. It got 40mpg highway and 25mpg during competition. Steering and handling everything you'd expect from a CRX.

Also, Though the CRX alloys and the steels can go with it (and they'll all fit), currently it's rolling on 13" Honda alloys with generic all-season tires. One has a slow leak.

How could I forget the exhaust. It, and especially the header, are in great shape. It hasn't moved enough or been on salty winter roads to get excessively rusty. And it sounds AWESOME. Rumbly, sporty, but not loud or ricey. Personally, I think the exhaust is one of my favorite parts of this car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
imLDNefzBcALPor47Fv9QfI4Lt977CAfJCGqE9tjIrP9TeVKL5myYUd2opsCbGzz