Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/1/13 9:48 a.m.
  • M50 OBD-I intake manifold $75
  • S50 block with rotating assembly that was overheated badly. There is very light scoring on the walls. Crank, pistons and rods are fine but this is a rebuild candidate. $250
  • S50 forged crank $150
  • S50 rods $100
  • S50 pistons $100
  • M50 head with bent valves. Has cams and cam trays, core is probably repairable $150
  • (2) E36 M/S 50 oil pans $75 each
  • Harbor Freight Tubing Notcher $20
  • (2) Old steel Craftsman tool boxes, the kind you carry around
  • (1) small steel Craftsman box that looks like it used to hold a socket set
  • Megasquirt II set up for BMW S52 with coil on plug, tested OK, comes with labeled wiring harness bought from DIY. $300
  • S52 BMW M Power plastic engine cover $20
  • Pair of new-in-box Wilwood DynaPro 4 piston calipers, 1.75 bore $250
  • E30 trunk lip spoiler $50
  • E30 sedan door glass (all 4)
  • E36 coupe door glass (both)
  • E30 and E36 window motors
  • E30 rear plasic bumper (not the cover, just the plastic backbone) $50
  • CRG Cadet Kart with Komer 80cc with low hours on motor $1200

I'll add more, make deals, send pics... whatever but this serves as a starting point. Help me get this stuff the hell out of here.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/1/13 10:01 a.m.

Happen to have a spare spark plug tool for the m/s series engines? I don't have a socket that can fit down my m42's plug wells.

4/1/13 10:05 a.m.
yamaha wrote: Happen to have a spare spark plug tool for the m/s series engines? I don't have a socket that can fit down my m42's plug wells.

I can look but IIRC I sold the pile of trunk tool kits enmass last year.

FWIW, a Craftsman spark plug socket (with the rubber insert) and an extension are what I use on everything.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/1/13 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I tried that, it gets stuck in the plugwell opening.....the ti's trunk tools are long gone.

4/2/13 2:39 p.m.

bump

Pretend the prices are in beer. I can't bear to scrap a good crank but... damn if I can keep stepping over it. Someone come get it.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/2/13 3:50 p.m.

How large can that tubing notcher handle?

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
4/2/13 3:53 p.m.
SVreX wrote: How large can that tubing notcher handle?

Easy buddy, this is a family friendly forum.

Maybe I missed it...where's this stuff at?

Bryce

4/2/13 5:47 p.m.
SVreX wrote: How large can that tubing notcher handle?

2" IIRC

I've cut 3 cages worth of 1.75x095 with it. It isn't exactly precise but it does work.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/2/13 5:48 p.m.

Pretty much right next to the Dunder Mifflin head office if my geography is correct.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/2/13 5:49 p.m.

I sure wish I knew with any certainty whether I was going to try another E30 at any point...

4/2/13 6:27 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Pretty much right next to the Dunder Mifflin head office if my geography is correct.

Spot on. 18411

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/2/13 7:26 p.m.

Is that notcher shippable?

4/3/13 7:01 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Is that notcher shippable?

Sure. It's probably 10lbs. Here is a pic - sans shaft, which is still in the drill. Good that I took the pic or I might not have noticed :)

The main issue with it is the shaft/bearing has a lot of play which makes for some accuracy issues. FWIW, you can get a new one from HF for about $40 so in all honesty... you can have this one for the shipping cost but it still might not be a great deal.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/4/13 10:49 a.m.

I might be interested in the trunk lip spoiler. What color is it? How long is it? Are these things flexible or rigid (for shipping packaging purposes)?

4/4/13 11:00 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: I might be interested in the trunk lip spoiler. What color is it? How long is it? Are these things flexible or rigid (for shipping packaging purposes)?

It is black, as wide as the deck of an E30 and rigid.

Here it is sitting atop the bumper... so... a little shorter than that. I can measure it later and report.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/4/13 1:37 p.m.

Last question, how does it mount? double sided tape, or fasteners, or?

4/4/13 2:51 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Last question, how does it mount? double sided tape, or fasteners, or?

It has studs, so you have to drill the deck lid. It was a factory part - there is only one trunk lid part number though so I I'm assuming the dealers drilled the holes.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/4/13 2:54 p.m.

Ok, I guess Im going to pass then. I want a lip spoiler like that on my G20, but am not too interested in drilling my trunk lid. Also, the molded corners would likely not fit either. I appreciate your info tho! Free bump...

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
2/18/14 11:47 a.m.

Is the S50 crank still available? Would you have an S52B32 or even a M52B28 crank available if not?

BTW, I sent you a PM, but then found this thread.

2/18/14 12:05 p.m.

I just took a quick look - all I have in the pile-o-cranks pile is a run-o-the-mill M50 2.5L left on the shelf. Since it's unlikely to fetch any takers... I might have one heavy berkeleying lamp in my new basement bar.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
2/18/14 12:21 p.m.

Oh well, thanks for checking!

Cuda
Cuda Reader
2/19/14 9:05 a.m.

Any stupid cheap m50 stuff? and where are you located?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/14 10:23 a.m.

Is the megasquirt still available? Might be interested in it for a challenge car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ATALMxj8G0gA3Fn7F1k8JoQ6KXU9yLZIAm6Ri2TREqy0cwhXvSFJUnDRtI3faeDF