surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/12/21 8:43 a.m.

So there is a way you can get a Car for free and that is if you win it in a giveaway/raffle etc. Video below with some details and a little footage of the car. 

Well on Friday July 16th at 7pm I am doing a livestream on my youtube channel and giving away a few prizes. The last of which is a 1996 Mustang Roller. Originally a v6 car and nothing crazy special, but it does have manual window doors which saves some weight, and it has a clean title!

All you have to do to win is be present on the livestream as someone will be picked at random to win. Whoever wins is responsible for picking it up, so if the winner does not want to make the drive, another random person will be selected. 

https://youtu.be/DklXHg4b_zI

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/21 12:51 p.m.

Neat idea (both to get more people involved in the challenge AND to clear junk out of your front yard...)

but -

I think there is a lot of trepidation with the giveaway/raffle thing. Like, is it really budgeted at free (or raffle ticket price)? I think Tom has said yes when talking about the dodge demon giveaway raffle a few years back. Also, many people who have participated in the new rash of smaller ones often feel they are rigged. Like "I'll setup a raffle for a bunch of cool parts and sell 100 $50 tickets to strangers. But then oh wait my buddy won! Great job buddy!"

Do you think those feelings would limit participation?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/12/21 12:55 p.m.

I am not sure if they will limit participation. but i am also not chargin any money at all. im simply giving it away, and it is free to anyone. If you are on the livestream then you have a chance of winning. Essentially i will give a code word to type. i will wait x amount of minutes before no more entires are made. we will tally the amount of people who commented. enter a simple random formula into excel so it gives a random number from 1through lets say 50 total comments. then go back and see who was number whatever that commented. 

Also the answer to is it budgeted at 0 question is yes. It is a 0 cost car, unless you paid to enter then its the entry price. but in this case its 0!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/12/21 12:56 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

And i did want to use this car myself but i spent 5500 on the whole car when it ran and drove. plus i have way too many vehicles lol

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
7/12/21 5:29 p.m.

I have two questions.

1. If I win, can I wait until Challenge time to pick it up?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, can I offer it up as the parking lot build?

laugh

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/12/21 6:58 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

You can do whatever you want so long as it makes it to the challenge!

No Time
No Time SuperDork
7/12/21 7:09 p.m.

I saw the video on this and subscribed last night. Seems like a good way to generate interest and help gain more exposure.

I took a look at some of the other videos and now I need to go back and look at more.

Not sure if I'll be able to make the live stream since I'll be in Vegas for a long weekend with the Mrs., but will have to go back and watch to see what I miss when I get back home.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/12/21 7:28 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Thank you! Wont be anything too crazy as its my first livestream thats worth a dang and my first time giving away anything of (arguably) any value lol

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/13/21 10:41 a.m.
slowbird said:

I have two questions.

1. If I win, can I wait until Challenge time to pick it up?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, can I offer it up as the parking lot build?

laugh

Previously I didn't want to enter because I don't have a good way to get the car back to Chicago. 

Now I'm going to enter so if I win I can give the car to you!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/13/21 11:42 a.m.

Well didnt see that coming lol

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
7/14/21 6:00 a.m.

Didn't see what?  A 90mph fastball? The invisible man?

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/16/21 8:20 a.m.

Cool idea-just subscribed, hope to be there. 

That's a great starting point for somebody. 

Can you post it in the "Cars for sale" section as well?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/16/21 12:27 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Someone giving the car back to me if they won lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/16/21 12:27 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Done! 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
7/16/21 8:46 p.m.

Thanks for doing the giveaway!

I had a 1 in 7 chance of winning! (Or, more accurately, a 6 in 7 chance on not having a huge headache).

Hope that we get to see a build thread on here.

Toot
Toot New Reader
7/17/21 3:49 p.m.

A big thanks to Jonathan for the give away.  Hopefully I can find a motor before the challenge and bring both cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iMaknOtTvDhItRzV8zIXKDun43idIbloPEh9VkUH3pmglmAK1liQzOHNnpG3bCsf