gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/20 7:18 p.m.

A pair of F(ake)R500's and a pair of CobraR(eplica)'s with terribly blistered chrome. All 17x9 with rash, lip bends, and gouges, but all hold air, and amazingly still true enough to be beater race wheels.

For background, I have owned the pair of FR's three times, and the R's twice. Long history of strange trades within the same group of car guys. The FR's have at been at least three colors, and I recently spray bombed over the failing chrome on the R's too. All four are currently yellow and look fine in pictures.

To my wallet, these wheels are $0.00 but free parts with muddy documentation don't give me warm budget fuzzies. Their only redeeming quality is that they are 9" wide and can better hold a 275 tire than the typical OE 8" wheel. They are worth more than $0.12/lb scrap, but if I tried to sell them out-right I'd be hard pressed to get $100 for the mismatched set. I do find similar eBay wheels in the junkyard from time to time.

Can I get 5 nods @ $80 FMV?

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UltraDork
10/15/20 7:29 p.m.

I paid $90 for a pretty good set of 17x8s, so $80 for rough wheels is plenty fair. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/20 7:31 p.m.

For a data point, I sold a set of fake FR500's in the staggered 17x9/10.5 size with tires for $150 a few months ago. They had been sitting in my garage for about 6 months and were hard to sell.

I'd say mismatched 17x9's with no tires are $75 all day long.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/20 7:31 p.m.

First thought was set of Mustang wheels is $100 but then you have the mismatched bastardized version so $80 seems right.  

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/20 8:45 p.m.

I'm good with $80. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/15/20 8:51 p.m.

5th nod for $80.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/20 8:52 p.m.

Thanks all!