captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/21 8:57 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/21 9:11 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Haha!

I believe JThw8 had the first Challenge bar...

That think would be perfect for Stampie... or JThw8!!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/21 6:06 a.m.

My first bar was actually built for the judges.  I figured it was a long day for them so why not have them sit down and give them a drink while I presented the car.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/28/21 6:36 a.m.

The real question is, how would the inevitable crash test dummy that would be fastened to a seat affect the budget,  and what would be the name of said dummy?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/28/21 7:28 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Concours "style stuff" does not go in the budget!

There can be 4 separate crash dummies (or perhaps Lingerie mannequins), and they won't cost the budget anything! Haha!

Stampie (FS)
1/28/21 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Be careful about what you are told are the rules and the actual rules.

• Theme and Concours Presentation: Costs to produce your build book, bribe judges, make costumes, etc. are not part of your budget. Any theme materials, stickers, paint, etc. that are on the car must be included in your budget.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/28/21 11:03 a.m.

Booze sales or fmv of alcohol included in the procurement of the vehicle can be used as recoup to purchase the crash test dummy. 

The crash test dummy should be included as part of the budget, because I want to see him seated at the bar as it goes around the autocross course. That would mean he would need to be part of the budget. 

Stampie (FS)
2/17/21 6:49 p.m.

I walked into a local Ford performance shop this week looking for a throw away flywheel.  Before walking in I'm trying to decide how to explain the Challenge to whoever is inside.  I walk in and first thing I see is a stack of GRM mags on the counter.  Turns out the they make the vinyl for GRM and the owner has been a judge at the Challenge.  He remembered the bar we set up in 2016.  Sadly he didn't have any junk Ford V8 flywheels.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
2/17/21 7:02 p.m.

Looks like the listing price was dropped to $2k

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5to0jggHmRVWOSIIHr1FQYYrJgHAvZXGTPlj3AugpVKxfBXFBsHBvQYT0La8Gv5U