darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
12/6/22 11:36 p.m.

I can't believe this hasn't come up before, but I couldn't find where it might've been discussed.  So if there is a post about this somewhere, feel free to just point me there.  Otherwise...

So I bought a pair of cars (one with engine/trans, one a rolling shell) as a package for $350.  I'm currently building one of them as my Challenge entry but have started thinking it would be fun to build the other with the kids for them to use as a Challenge entry.  Since I've included the total purchase price of the pair in the budget of my current Challenge car, does that mean the other car is free on its budget? Or would I split the purchase price between the 2 entries? Or would both be budgeted at the original full purchase price?

Feedback much appreciated.

Bigben
Bigben HalfDork
12/7/22 12:06 a.m.

What you use goes in the budget. So I would split between them. But now if you're using parts from both cars on both builds, then you made a sticky situation and may need to include the full price on both builds. Or do detailed itemization of all parts to show the full total purchase price is accounted for. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
12/7/22 8:13 a.m.

Check out the $2000 Challenge Rules, as they lay out exactly how to handle a mixed lot of parts like this. 

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
12/7/22 11:31 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Check out the $2000 Challenge Rules, as they lay out exactly how to handle a mixed lot of parts like this. 

Interesting. I hadn't thought of it as a mixed lot of parts, but I suppose it is. I suppose that also means any recoup from selling out of that lot gets the same prorated treatment. Works for me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JiWMBxE6ElCsYnxIryc9A0hZoqJvL5LjGpIK2wP3Mud304zlP6K6ZDpoNFrS2h1X