AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy New Reader
10/19/20 12:02 p.m.

Onofrio Pollock Racing is travelling from Houghton, MI to Gainesville, FL. We are driving the race car itself and bringing a set of BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S with us. They are size 255/40R17 94V. OD is 25". We need a recommendation on a shop that will be able to do these tires. They have very soft sidewalls and are low profile. We know that a Firestone/reg. tire shop probably has the capability to, but being that they are more difficult than a regular street tire, we want someone who is experienced and won't set a garbage bead during installation. 

Thanks in advance.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/20 12:12 p.m.

Guessing pimpm3 can let you know who mounted the drag slicks i took down for him a few years ago.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/19/20 12:55 p.m.

There is a tire shop near the hotel in Gainesville.  Not sure what they would charge.  

In jacksonville I have a tire machine at work I use.  G and H tires in jacksonville  is also a good place, and has reasonable prices.

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/20 1:18 p.m.

I live in Gainesville and use the local Discount Tires. They handle a decent volume of race cars, including the University of Florida FSAE team. 

AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy New Reader
10/19/20 1:43 p.m.

Thank you so much! We are going to try BWW's first, but gotten some recommendations for that Discount Tires shop specifically as well. If they do FSAE tires, they can definitely do ours! Ha-ha.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NTbcNtAKnVSPLFehxCA0xYemPZxaioYb68XLwriVanPxayfvnCm2XK4c9rSrPO5M