Svenska94Aero
Svenska94Aero New Reader
8/12/17 11:35 p.m.

Just bought a used set of supposedly nice Kosei K1s for my NC Miata. 17x7.5, et45. Haggled a good bit off because I immediately found a big bend/crack on just one. Hoping someone may have a spare to let go so I can run this set next season. Doesn't have to be perfect, just useable for occasional Time Attack and AutoX events. Located in northern Colorado. Thanks folks!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/13/17 6:27 p.m.

How bad is it? I've seen those wheel repair places do magic...

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
8/13/17 9:49 p.m.

I know a local shop that has fixed big $$$$ wheels for a very fair price.

Might want to shop the job around as finding just one K1 wheel might be a challenge.

Paul B

Svenska94Aero
Svenska94Aero New Reader
8/13/17 11:01 p.m.

I might look up a shop to see, but the crack is all the way through the barrel and one of the spokes. Seems a bit too structural to be fixed.

WonkoTheSane wrote: How bad is it? I've seen those wheel repair places do magic...
Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
8/14/17 2:54 p.m.

Sounds like you need another wheel.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
8/14/17 4:34 p.m.

5x114.3? They stopped production of the 7.5" wheel in 2009. They are about as easy to find as bigfoot at this point. 7" wheels are still available.

Svenska94Aero
Svenska94Aero New Reader
8/14/17 7:58 p.m.

Now that is interesting info, because the manufacturer tags on the barrels say these were manufactured 02.09.13. Can I ask what the source of your information is? But I agree, Definitely seems tricky to track down another set.

Bobzilla wrote: 5x114.3? They stopped production of the 7.5" wheel in 2009. They are about as easy to find as bigfoot at this point. 7" wheels are still available.
Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
8/15/17 8:21 a.m.

I picked mine up used. At the time (2012) I noticed that I couldn't find them on any website. Called our dealer contact at the tire rack. He went through all the old catalogs and vendor info and told me this. Now..... that was valid info in 2012. I assumed they never made another production run since then. But if yours are date coded 2013 they may have made another batch after I got mine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pEL6otDds29NhiIEbrMbmuzA29taUNPO86lKhGTR40DkyD0yRta0gvG6TcNjOTvw