wadespeed2
wadespeed2
4/28/12 8:54 p.m.

I have a 1994 Miata that I bought new and abused happily for 150K miles until the head gasket blew. I have it all apart and the head is at the machine shop waiting for me to open the wallet and start the repair process. I need an enthusiast with more time than me to step in take it off my hands and soon (I owe the machine shop and answer Monday 4/30 and once I spend the first $100 I'm in 'til one of us is finished)

the paint is bad. and the engine is still a crapshoot, it has 4 brand new Falkens, a relatively new battery, and the tops only 3 or so years old.

$800 bucks and you can have your own Miata project..

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
4/28/12 9:09 p.m.

A location/pictures will probably help with your sale.

I have a spare head in good shape off a 96 motor sitting in my shop. Willing to ship for the right price.

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/28/12 10:11 p.m.

As the topic indicates, I'm located near the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. I'll keep the head in mind, but it's the time commitment that I want to avoid if at all possible.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/29/12 10:53 a.m.

Got any pics? What options has it got (Torsen, cruise, PW, etc.)?

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/29/12 12:21 p.m.

Picture a 1994 Black and Tan with all the options available at the time. Add to that picture a 150K flogging at the hands of a Parnelli J wannabe. As a said, the paint stinks, the engine is questionable, and it's still a bargain at $800

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
4/29/12 1:56 p.m.

For those of us not fluent in RTP, is there a city name of location so we can look it up & decide if it's too close or too far?

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/29/12 2:55 p.m.

Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
4/29/12 3:22 p.m.

For those of us not fluent in picturing things... Ummm, any pix of said Miata?

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/29/12 6:22 p.m.

I found the original sticker and confirmed that the car is equipped with Torsen LSD.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
4/29/12 8:04 p.m.
wadespeed2 wrote: Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill

So there's a piece in Raleigh, a piece in Durham and a piece in Chapel Hill? 2 of these are closer to me than the 3rd is, and the closer to me that you are, the more attractive the car is

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g46fD3dANELTItR2yYwDirQfwcPPRkPbBHFmqmh3jbjBz4xMgyTMBPTjvZII1TUt