AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/23 6:33 p.m.

Challenge brethren, I need one Boxster manual trans shift cable, the one with the black sheath, as seen below. Who can hook a brother up? I have no idea why it took me so long to realize that using 2 black cables would let me move the shifter forward the amount I need. I can trade some scraps of 1994 Corvette wiring, or I can pay some not large amount of cash. Thanks!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/23 7:04 p.m.

Got a year range so that I can see if my yards have any?

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/19/23 7:38 p.m.

Did I once send you only one when I should have sent two? They're hanging from the rafters here, but numbers are missing on most. The only one I can read is a -06

It seems that the part number is for a pair. The -05 part number is 2000 model and M008 indicates Boxster S. Do you have a length measurement? I can probably fulfill your need.

3/19/23 10:45 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Hey Jon, you sent me an assembled pair, which is one blue and one black. They are interchangeable, and the black is about 2" longer than the blue. I found a listing on one of the Porsche sites that shows the PN ending with .08, and stated that .08 supersedes .05 thru .07, so I'm guessing any of those would work.

the longer cable would save me from cutting and welding a dog-leg in my shift lever. Here's the best pic I can get to capture it. You can see that the blue cable is very straight while the black has some slack to it:

3/20/23 1:05 p.m.

Tonight [stealth edit: Tomorrow actually, long day at work],  I'll measure the ones I have and let you know.

As for cost, I can do a swap, one for one and if yours is cosmetically nicer than what I send, I'll cover shipping.

Will that work?

3/20/23 1:17 p.m.

that would be fantastic, thanks! 

3/21/23 10:43 p.m.

I think that you want the black one from the 6-speed transmission. That set of cables is from a car that had an engine fire and the outer padding is a bit ugly, but the cables move normally. measurements are rough, from tip to tip.

3/23/23 3:05 p.m.

Still waiting to hear what you want.

3/23/23 3:10 p.m.

dang, sorry i missed your reply the other day.  the black 6-speed cable is what i need.  As long as the cable travels smoothly i'm OK with a little char.  Thank you!!!

3/23/23 4:22 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Just sent an email to confirm shipping info.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ReA79BQ8NRQhNJVc51HNuLqLnQ9xLJ2VDngW8ExSbbGUevb4xE1feOJpM0zkZOXb