1 ... 3 4 5
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/20/20 9:34 a.m.

Here are a few day time pics. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/20/20 8:07 p.m.

Last minute adjustments and tweaks. The car gets cleaned and buttoned up tomorrow and then thursday morning we will be heading to the hotel! 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/28/20 8:10 a.m.

here is a video from the challenge. Very glad it all worked out and we did well. 

2020 Grassroots Youtube Video

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/29/20 1:50 p.m.

Would miata stock rear suspension raise the back of the rx7?  I saw in andys post you were looking for rx7 stock shocks and springs.

I am not even sure if they are similar but figured it was worth a thought.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/29/20 5:27 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

No, i looked into it and they are not interchangeable. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/29/20 7:44 p.m.

Would something like a truck level kit work?  It should be pretty straightforward to fab some out of some plate and a piece of pipe.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/29/20 7:51 p.m.

What about coil spring boosters? Cheap at the parts store and helps with sacked springs....

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/20 9:45 p.m.

Wish I would've talked to you more at the challenge, esp about that wing.

Where did you get it, what is it?

In your video you said you made it? 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/30/20 8:40 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I slightly mispoke, i didnt make the wing itself, that i got on ebay for 100 dollars. it was a display model carbon wing thats 57" wide. i had to redrill 1 hole on the end plates. I made the wing stands though. i can add pictures here later today when i get home on how i did it. Essentially i used scrap angle iron and a peice of polycarbonate i got for free. i made a template out of cardboard and then cut it out of the polycarbonate. then strengthened it with picture hangar wire, and then regular electrical wire. both wound up snapping at the autocross, so the new 2.0 wing will have metal rods for lateral bracing.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/30/20 8:42 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

This is exactly my plan actually. just need to fab a set up. was looking for a set of damn near free or free rx7 shocks so i could use the upper mounts and weld a pipe to space it and make something just like that.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/30/20 8:42 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I think the best way is to space it like a truck spacer like shown above. thats what i plan to do as of now. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/30/20 8:55 a.m.

Please do post on the wing. I have a very similar one that needs different risers made.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/30/20 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

He sent me these pictures before the challenge to show off his sweet wing making skills. Not jelly at all. My CF wing was only $50 so I just need to find free material for the uprights and I'll be ahead of the game. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ljNRkYMIAsyjdbqGay3Qs8yfzD4pC7XKXeBcZUKgdDvlGmsGvQ66i5peCH2MzZ9R