1 2
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/25/19 6:44 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:

The decals turned out great. Im happy my wife got to putbher tiny hands to work helping with wiring. 

I was wondering who Patrick kept saying he needed to add to the log book as a builder. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/19 8:26 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I need to add awsxwhatevernumber to my book

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/25/19 8:46 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to surfshibby07 :

This is what we were going for

Nailed it except get that green pinstripe on the wheels!

Patrick
10/26/19 4:20 p.m.

The PLB mercedes laid down a 46.55 autocross run good for 12th and a misfiring 13.002@104 drag run, and was sold by 8pm yesterday night.

Team Alavanche has something wicked up their sleeves, and you'll only know if you were here and saw something.  The trailer will not be returning north empty.   

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/26/19 4:33 p.m.

Highly impressive parking lot build!

And excellent job by everyone who helped make the tacos.

Patrick
10/27/19 12:36 a.m.

Result:  

7th in dynamic with a 20 year old Mercedes that I technically owned/possessed for 70.5 hours.  Concours was a 12, literally didn't bother opening anything on the car because we were busy with the charity taco bar that ended up raising $446.  

overallI had more fun this year than I ever have at a challenge.  Everything ran smoothly, Tom and the staff did a great job.  Will I PLB ever again?  Not likely as I'd rather play in the pool with my family before the GA Tech kids turn the hot tub into whatever a bunch of 19 year olds turn a hot tub into.  However this year it was the right thing for me to do to keep the spirits up and participate in the event.  

I know it's a year away and I have a lot to do before then, but I've got a renewed energy for next year.  

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/27/19 3:53 a.m.
Patrick said:

Result:  

7th in dynamic with a 20 year old Mercedes that I technically owned/possessed for 70.5 hours.  Concours was a 12, literally didn't bother opening anything on the car because we were busy with the charity taco bar that ended up raising $600.  

FTFY 

Patrick
10/27/19 7:42 a.m.

!!!!!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/27/19 7:59 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

I see what..you? Someone did there. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/27/19 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Not a whole lot of ways to support the challenge from my current perch.  But, we have a few extra nickels to toss in the jar.

bigben
bigben Reader
10/28/19 10:30 p.m.
Patrick said:

The PLB mercedes laid down a 46.55 autocross run good for 12th.

I'm shaking my fist at your luxobarge from my 13th place in the autocross. 

Patrick
10/28/19 11:06 p.m.

In reply to bigben :

Not only did it spank most of the field, it drove home 1200ish miles with no plates laugh

now I have to help dead sled diagnose the oil leak, which I thought i had knocked out but sounds like it got progressively worse the more north he got.

the magazines from 99-00 weren't kidding when they claimed c5 performance from a luxury sedan.  It was dumb luck that I happened to be searching Craigslist basically as the ad was posted, but i'll take dumb luck 7 days a week 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/29/19 7:27 a.m.

We don't have a finished golf cart picture!?!

Patrick
10/29/19 8:00 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

You were documenting stuff!  I have seen them somewhere, it came out awesome 

Patrick
10/29/19 8:04 a.m.

yes it has R comps on diamond racing wheels 

also overheard someone while we were doing the Benz that "the infrastructure is really getting big around here for cheap car racing" when they were looking at my rig

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/29/19 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I think a golf cart meets the challenge requirement as starting life as a passenger vehicle. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rlclG078jco3UeL4r2jZlFd8bKIZMljh8IU9R2K2IL2BnC8gLNzyVNmtv5bcJJgL