1 2 3 4 5
Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
12/20/18 12:07 p.m.

Whoa - did this get stickied right as I bumped it?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Digital Experience Director
12/20/18 12:11 p.m.

Maybe? Either way nicely done!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Reader
12/21/18 10:27 p.m.

I'm lucky my challenge car is talent and budget challenged, but it's already a complete running and driving car.  I could put on tires and go compete as is.  It'll be fun to see  how much I can get done within time and budget for this year.  For those interested, 300 days 'til the event.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/ive-lost-my-mind-1995-mustang-gt-2019-challenge-build/144277/page1/

coldwatermotorsports
coldwatermotorsports New Reader
12/27/18 6:13 a.m.

Here's my junk,  slowly but surely making forward head way.  I am excited for my first event.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/project-sugma-blue/145114/page1/

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
12/31/18 9:53 a.m.

Hoping to bring this along for 2019. Won't be super competitive I'm sure, but should be fun!

Red Betty

a_florida_man
a_florida_man Reader
12/31/18 11:05 a.m.

Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this thread....

Here is the BIG project. 1985 Corvette

It took a little digging.. but here is the present state:

a_florida_man
a_florida_man Reader
12/31/18 11:07 a.m.

And... the other one. 1998 SLK230

This will be a Gastropod entry.

2k_Challenge_Builds
2k_Challenge_Builds New Reader
1/8/19 9:44 a.m.
AnthonyGS said:

I'm lucky my challenge car is talent and budget challenged, but it's already a complete running and driving car.  I could put on tires and go compete as is.  It'll be fun to see  how much I can get done within time and budget for this year.  For those interested, 300 days 'til the event.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/ive-lost-my-mind-1995-mustang-gt-2019-challenge-build/144277/page1/

Added to the list!

2k_Challenge_Builds
1/8/19 9:44 a.m.
coldwatermotorsports said:

Here's my junk,  slowly but surely making forward head way.  I am excited for my first event.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/project-sugma-blue/145114/page1/

Welcome to the party!

2k_Challenge_Builds
1/8/19 9:45 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Hoping to bring this along for 2019. Won't be super competitive I'm sure, but should be fun!

Red Betty

That is as red as Jeremy's truck

2k_Challenge_Builds
1/8/19 9:47 a.m.

In reply to a_florida_man :

That hardtop should work as a large spoiler...

2k_Challenge_Builds
1/8/19 9:49 a.m.

Watch list should now be up to date. Sorry for the delay on some of the recent posts.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man Reader
1/8/19 5:21 p.m.
2k_Challenge_Builds said:

In reply to a_florida_man :

That hardtop should work as a large spoiler...

Heh heh, yeah... that's for the Healey.

I have run out of room.

Completely.

I think the car hobby is a gas... it fills the entire volume of ANY given container.

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
1/8/19 6:34 p.m.

My 2019 Gastropod Class Car "Build-ish" Link: Santa the Miata

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
1/12/19 11:10 a.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/12/19 11:43 a.m.

AngryCorvair’s latest angry Corvair 

The first several pages are a preamble of sorts, as I have just been getting my facilities in order.  As of 05-Jan-2019, I have secured the race car and the first parts car.  General idea:  take one 1965 Corvair, remove lots of parts.  Take one 1994 Corvette, remove lots of parts.  Add some Audi parts, fab some joiny things, get ‘em all good and drunk, and in nine months out pops a mid-engined V8 Vair with a 6-speed manual and C4 suspension.

And here is The C4 fly and drive thread for anyone who missed it.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/12/19 4:52 p.m.

1997 Camaro z28 CAM build.

2019 CAM build

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
1/23/19 5:57 p.m.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/and-so-it-begins/129797/page1/

Here is mine. I will make it this year. I scored a GM MA5 5 speed trans for $100 and a Volvo m46 bell housing for $20. Got s 531 marine head with a rotted #4 exhaust port for $20 and a VX3 camshaft from a guy in mother Sweden for $75 shipped. Just scored a box of random turbo parts including some nice AN fittings and a Chinese TIAL wastegate for $20. The only premium money I'm gonna spend is on a set of eBay H beam rods and A eBay GT37 turbo if I can't find one used. Also looking for a deal on a microsquirt.

I also got a couple of aluminum driveshaftts out of the scrap pile from the shop a few door down so I will be using one of those to make a plenum.

On a side note, am I to understand that since I got the Car for free I can recoup help of the $2019 budget by selling parts off of the car? It has a lot of good parts that I won't be using. That would give me $3000 to spend. Correct?

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
1/23/19 6:31 p.m.

In reply to ErikTheSwede :

Nope. You can’t recoup what you never spent. If you buy a parts car for 1000 and sell the parts from it you can recoup the 1000.

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
1/24/19 6:11 p.m.

Ok. So since I got the Car for free there is no money to be made from it to be put into the budget. What about trading parts off of the car for parts I can use? My car has a good auto trans and someone down the road has a pair of race seats, can we do a trade that is budget exempt?

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
1/24/19 6:12 p.m.

Sorry, this is my first year of seriously making an attempt to go and I don't want to make any mistakes

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
1/24/19 6:15 p.m.
ErikTheSwede said:

Sorry, this is my first year of seriously making an attempt to go and I don't want to make any mistakes

No worries, it’s my first year as well. The rules for this year have had the amount change back to $2000 as well so keep an eye out for that. The Q&A on the rules is a good place to get clarification.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/24/19 6:40 p.m.

In reply to ErikTheSwede :

Yes, you may trade parts of similar FMV with other people, and you can even trade parts of similar FMV into and out of your own personal stash.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
1/24/19 6:50 p.m.
ErikTheSwede said:

Ok. So since I got the Car for free there is no money to be made from it to be put into the budget. What about trading parts off of the car for parts I can use? My car has a good auto trans and someone down the road has a pair of race seats, can we do a trade that is budget exempt?

Trades are gravy, so if you got something they want and viceversa all the better.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
1/24/19 8:26 p.m.

Also, I just saw that they implemented a mentor program for first timers. It's actually a really neat idea as I think the first time to join can be a bit overwhelming on what to do.

Find a Mentor

1 2 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
JeU3Fm2vEJokgXDXeCAPjNrbhlG2QscmPgNNcVpaNrdKz1Rn89S1bXiC4ghfjSCh