1 2 3 4 ... 9
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
2/13/22 6:51 a.m.

I am interested.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/13/22 8:41 p.m.

I would participate in the challenge MR2 with it's 114 hp NA.  It'll have a power adder for the drags, but that will be disconnected for everything else and likely removed. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/22 6:14 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

That's honestly about perfect for a trackday. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/14/22 4:39 p.m.

This is a great idea, everybody, but outside the scope of this year's event for us to host officially.

Maybe if it's well attended, we can look at adding it as an official part of the weekend next year. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/22 6:32 p.m.

Thanks for the update Tom.

We've got interest in 14 entries so far, a few more and we'll have a decent minimum with some wiggle room, then it'll be time to contact FIRM.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/22 7:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Thanks for the update Tom.

We've got interest in 14 entries so far, a few more and we'll have a decent minimum with some wiggle room, then it'll be time to contact FIRM.

I'll be registering for the challenge in a couple weeks and can send a deposit for the FIRM event if necessary .

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
2/15/22 12:13 p.m.
Catch22 said:

Like the challenge this year, I'm guessing it would be open to all interested drivers.  Within and without budget constraints that is.

Doe this include people not participating in the Challenge itself? I ask because I'd be able to make the Monday date (secure the deposit) for sure, but I'm still working on the weekend event itself. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/15/22 12:15 p.m.

In reply to 2GRX7 :

I see no reason it should be restricted.  I'm not planning to be the one organizing it but I don't believe we need to restrict it.  IMO Anyone challenge adjacent should/could come play but I'll let whomever rents the track decide.  

GameboyRMH
2/15/22 3:33 p.m.

Yeah no need to be a Challenge participant, it's fine if you want to stop by just for the track day.

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/28/22 9:13 a.m.

I have always thought this would be a great idea but didn't think it would ever fit in with the challenge itself. So its great to see interest in a FIRM after-party. I have rented the track 4 times. Always a great experience. I'm a contracted driving instructor there as well. John Vanbuskirk and Larina Hinse are the two people to talk to there. They will take good care of you. It will be awesome to see challenge cars out on track. I think it's the perfect course for challenge cars too.

GameboyRMH
2/28/22 8:33 p.m.

Thanks B13Birk, what do you think about the full course layout vs. the full course w/ shoebox for this? And would you be interested in being the much needed #15 entrant by any chance? laugh

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/22 9:19 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I think I have enough back ups that I could be a 15th.  I never plan on a Challenge car lasting the weekend.

B13Birk
3/1/22 9:26 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

That's a great question. I think adding the shoebox would definitely slow down cars that maybe... shouldn't be going all that fast haha. Honestly, the track layout is pretty hard on brakes and tires as is. When you add the shoebox it just makes it even harder on the equipment. Both have their merit. You could probably take a vote amongst the participants and get it figured out. As far as being the 15th goes. I'd love to. I just can't commit to it at the moment as I'm still unsure of what my work schedule will be like this far in advance. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/1/22 9:59 a.m.

We run the full course without the shoebox for all our testing. That said, you're going quite fast by the end of the straight....

B13Birk
3/1/22 11:16 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

We run the full course without the shoebox for all our testing. That said, you're going quite fast by the end of the straight....

That's 100% true. Many of the challenge cars I have seen would be fine.... Many that I have seen would be terrifying haha. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
3/2/22 2:19 p.m.

I have a couple buddies who would probably attend the track day if it goes through.

GameboyRMH
3/2/22 7:14 p.m.

So we've got a decent minimum now, sent FIRM a message.

GameboyRMH
3/7/22 5:13 p.m.

Haven't heard back on the message I sent through the form on their website, so I got an email address through their voicemail system and re-sent the message that way.

GameboyRMH
3/8/22 3:20 p.m.

So I got a response this morning, the $2500 track rental fee includes both insurance and staff to run the event. The schedule would be the same as their weekend events:

Open Track Day Schedule

• 7:30 a.m. Gates Open*
  • 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Vehicle tech
  • 8:45 a.m.  Mandatory Drivers Meeting
  • 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Track Open
  • 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Track Closed for Lunch
  • 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Track Open
  • 5:00 p.m. Gates Closed*

Spectators are allowed and passengers are allowed once they're over 16. Timing equipment will be active and transponders will be available for rent. As for the deposit, it's 50% up front to reserve the date and then the remaining 50% would have to be paid 2 weeks before the event date.

Anyone know a good way to split the money for this? I'm thinking the people most sure they can make it can split the deposit, and then we'd have a cutoff/commitment date shortly before the FIRM's final payment date, where the cost would be split between all entrants, and those who had already paid into the deposit would only need to pay what remains of their share of the cost. Shouldn't be any need to refund any part of the deposit at this step as long as the final number of entrants doesn't exceed 2x the depositors - so, hoping for at least 10 brave souls laughI see AngryCorvair and 2GRX7 have volunteered cheeky

still IN, so post here when you know when the deposit is required and how to submit it.

Toot
Toot New Reader
3/8/22 7:13 p.m.

Still in for 2.  Zelle  etc...

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/8/22 7:24 p.m.

That's about the perfect solution.

I can PayPal you.   

bigben
bigben Reader
3/8/22 7:45 p.m.

I'm strongly considering it. I need to go read their car and driver requirements again to make sure I can be eligible.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/22 4:24 p.m.

I can go in on deposit

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
3/13/22 9:20 p.m.

I can PayPal you my portion.  Let me know where to send it.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HS90qW9IxLADLzK0gyw9vqZlt7C75fo2dPYp1z6H2JZN6A8Mx5bExUL6yv5LLYqN