1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/22 4:02 p.m.
rich911s said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Oh hell yeah.  Wish I'd seen this sooner.  How do I get you my deposit...  

Hey I think you sent me a DM a couple hours ago, I emailed you a reply.

Edit: DMed you as well.

GameboyRMH
7/29/22 9:49 a.m.

richs911 is in yes cool Getting closer to the lucky 13 threshold...

rich911s
rich911s New Reader
7/29/22 10:13 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Thank you! Payment sent, super pumped.  I'm sure others (especially our hosts) may be able to comment better on this, but when I went to check out The Firm a couple years ago, there were at least 25 cars in the paddock and probably 7 on the track during the time I went out with an instructor.  It seemed like a fairly narrow track to me (for a noob), but there was plenty of room for point-by passing on the long back straight.  At 1.6 miles, I think you could probably have 10-15 cars out there at the same time without any issue.  There are several vids on youtube of track days, here's a link to one that includes a point by pass at around the 7 minute mark.  The Firm Point By Pass at 7 Minute Mark

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/1/22 4:16 p.m.

I've been there multiple times for autocross, but haven't been able to do any track laps since my Miata doesn't have a roll bar. 

CFR-SCCA Solo has started combining their autocross events with a track sprint. This is my fastest lap from Saturday in my civic, VTEC-slow. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/22 10:05 a.m.

Jumping in to get contacted to send payment. 

GameboyRMH
8/4/22 11:22 a.m.

DM sent!

GameboyRMH
8/4/22 12:05 p.m.

Captdownshift is in cool

8/6/22 1:50 p.m.

What's the count now?

GameboyRMH
8/6/22 2:01 p.m.

We've got 12 entered right now.

8/6/22 3:11 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Thanks, I'm talking to some of my autocross friends about joining us 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/25/22 2:30 p.m.

Robbie clued me in on this and I as long as my car is finished and makes it the Challenge. 

DM me please so I will have even more motivation to finish my MR2. 

I assume that a T-top MR2 is NOT a convertible. Hopefully.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/22 2:48 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Yes!!!!

GameboyRMH
8/25/22 2:59 p.m.

DM sent!

T-tops (and Elise-style removable hardtop center sections) have always been treated the same as hardtops from what I've seen.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/25/22 3:03 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Nice, payment sent. I added $4 for fees. I hope that was enough.

GameboyRMH
8/25/22 3:07 p.m.

Singleslammer is in, that's 13 entries, GOOOOOOOOOL!!!

8/25/22 10:24 p.m.

Lucky 13!

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/22 10:29 a.m.

I'm going to withdrawal from the event due to medical reasons, use my deposit to ensure that the minimum number required is reached. 

GameboyRMH
9/9/22 10:35 a.m.

Sad to hear you can't make it...will count your deposit as a donation to the total event cost.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/22 12:17 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

i am also out. even if the car was ready, setup for our next SAE vehicle dynamics seminar is on the same day as the post-Challenge FIRM event. I knew this was a possibility when i signed up. my deposit is yours, and i'll pay the rest of my fee if necessary, just let me know.

GameboyRMH
9/9/22 12:46 p.m.

Thanks AC, you did mention that possibility early on. With your and Captdownshift's deposits donated, that's an equivalent contribution to 1 full entry, so we're still not in bad shape.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/9/22 3:14 p.m.

I have a buddy who is possibly interested.  I will let you know if I can get him locked down.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/14/22 4:29 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Do you know if they will have their store open for helmet purchases/rental? I would like to try helmets on before buying one. Also, I will likely have a passenger at times that will need to rent a helmet. 

GameboyRMH
9/14/22 4:41 p.m.

Don't know, I'll email them soon with that question and some others that have piled up.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/22 6:26 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Ask them their normal store hours.  I need a helmet and I'm close enough to just drop by ish.

GameboyRMH
9/15/22 10:34 a.m.

Got answers back:

- Payment on instruction sessions: This can be paid for on the day of the event, but they'll need to know ahead of time how many people would like instruction sessions so they know how many instructors are needed. If anyone else would like an instructor session, let me know (Toot?)

- Run groups: Once there are over 9 entries, they will break the cars into groups based on skill level (novice/intermediate/advanced). So expect groups.

- Helmet purchases/rentals/store hours: They will have helmets available for rental but it seems they don't have a retail environment as such and they don't have any helmets for sale in stock at the moment. They can bring some in for the day of the event for perusal, if anyone has a preference of CF/FG material, open/full face, and color I can forward that along.

Since the final payment needs to be in by the 10th and I want to do it early ahead of the weekend, I'm setting an entry cutoff date of October 5th. On the night of the 5th I will send each entrant their exact amount remaining to be sent via PayPal (since some people made slight rounding/currency conversion errors cheeky)

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A1T8zImmAIjCxkFP6rDEX1o8sX99Zb0AKFObGkOCKlwkvzXX660s2x8PzMSrqF1T