1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/15/22 11:57 a.m.

I would like an instructor session. I will also plan on getting a helmet beforehand. 

Toot
Toot New Reader
9/15/22 3:13 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

We are not going to need instructors but thanks for the offer.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/22 6:59 p.m.

Bumping to remind everyone the payment deadline's coming up in 3 days, if anyone has friends who want to enter, they'll need to get in soon!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/2/22 8:04 p.m.

Am I correct that my payment will cover two drivers sharing my car?

GameboyRMH
10/2/22 8:27 p.m.

That's right, we're splitting it up per-car.

GameboyRMH
10/5/22 8:25 a.m.

Last chance bump for last day to sign up!

BLRB
BLRB GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/5/22 12:29 p.m.

Sent over my deposit via Paypal.  Thanks for putting this together.  

GameboyRMH
10/5/22 12:40 p.m.

BLRB is in! cool That gets us back under the $200 threshold! (...before Paypal fees cheeky)

GameboyRMH
10/5/22 11:56 p.m.

Ok, entries are closed, I've sent all entrants an email (or DM) with the exact amount of their remaining payment which includes fees. With your first payment this should add up to a total of $197.67 + PP fees per entry. Where CAD was sent it was converted using the exchange rate on that day. Try to get those payments in by Friday morning!

GameboyRMH
10/7/22 1:30 p.m.

We got it locked in! cool

Still waiting on a few payments, get 'em in!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/22 3:51 p.m.

very sorry i'm gonna miss it.  should be a riot.  yall have fun out there!

Toot
Toot New Reader
10/7/22 3:55 p.m.

I never received notice for final payment.  I will send it in today.  Thank you for doing all the work renting out the firm.  How many total cars are there going to be. 

GameboyRMH
10/7/22 4:08 p.m.
Toot said:

I never received notice for final payment.  I will send it in today.  Thank you for doing all the work renting out the firm.  How many total cars are there going to be. 

I had to DM you the notice since I didn't have your email, if you DM me your email I can send you the exact amount. We've got 12 cars.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/7/22 5:39 p.m.

I'm worried that I might also have missed the payment. 

GameboyRMH
10/7/22 5:43 p.m.

Check your spam box, I sent it to the same email address you gave me previously.

10/7/22 10:09 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I didn't find it after searching, I've sent you a PM. I don't know how much I still owe. 

edit: user error, on me. Payment is sent, plus an extra ~$20 (just call it a self imposed late fee).

I'm excited!

GameboyRMH
10/23/22 6:32 p.m.

Bump, everyone try to get there for 7:30am tomorrow when the gates open and tech inspection starts!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/23/22 6:47 p.m.

I have to take my kids to school first should be there around 9:30.

10/23/22 8:12 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I may be there a bit after 7:30, I returned home to Deland this afternoon since I couldn't camp at the track tonight. It's about 1 hour 50 minutes, I'll try to pull out by six. 

Hotel room wasn't in the budget. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/22 8:14 p.m.

I'll miss you guys.  I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'd be too worn out after Challenge weekend to do my first track day.  Hope you guys enjoy it and report back here how it goes.

10/23/22 10:14 p.m.

We're going to miss you too. Still, that's a wise choice, you were pushing hard this weekend. 

GameboyRMH
10/24/22 7:37 a.m.

Access is via Airport Road in case anyone else's GPS tries to send you through some dude's driveway.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/24/22 4:46 p.m.

Need some update/photos on how this went. 

GameboyRMH
10/24/22 6:44 p.m.

Went great, won't have time for much pic posting until tomorrow night (also the hotel's wifi is down) but here's a quick teaser:

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/25/22 9:44 a.m.

The  post-Challenge FIRM track day was AWESOME! We all had more track time than we knew what to do with. Lots of ride-alongs, sharing cars, and very little traffic/point-by's. I ran my ND from full tank to fuel light, then added a few gallons and back down to fuel light again. Couldn't even keep track of how many laps we did. This was an incredible value for track time.

In the morning we ran with the "shoe box" or "bus stop" that breaks up the front straight. In the afternoon we ran the full front straight (which is what GRM magazine uses as their test track). My Miata's best was 1:27.3 on the full front straight course. 

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tg3ohctyvnE1hMZSTzsexDWkINg0ShrzmOwfZfB4k5ejTmDzlLkMuziDIkSWviPl