1 ... 5 6 7 8
Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/24/20 11:50 a.m.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing all the details from 2020.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/20 8:35 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

I'll give you an interesting to me at least detail.

I bought a 12 pack of beer on Thursday.

I was given 2 beers and 1/2 a shot.

I gave away 2 beers.

I came home with 4 beers left over.

 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
10/24/20 8:47 p.m.

I got my room key and it didn't work.  I thought for a bit and looked at the numbers, transposed the only two that could be transposed and went to that room.  Opened the door with my roomkey and got an image of a large man going to take a shower in his room.  I left and requested the correct key for my room.  Only one of the two they gave me worked, I declined to wander around and try the non-working one on other doors.

 

After that the Challenge got much better.  I'll post pics and stuff later.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 6:30 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Did you take a picture of the large man going to the shower?

TIGMOTORSPORTS said:

Hey, I was on a walk some months ago here in Oak Ridge, and saw this outside The Jesus Gym. I didn't know there was another Secret City GRMer.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/20 9:17 a.m.

Random 2020 pic dump

This Vette-cart was the cleanest "death cart" build I've ever seen. So much attention to detail.

Ed's turbo seal was on it's way out...but he still sent it!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
10/25/20 1:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Only a mental image that will live forever in my mind.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 3:42 p.m.

Def wanna see a write-up on that white C4 kart. Looks super clean in pix.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/25/20 3:50 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Def wanna see a write-up on that white C4 kart. Looks super clean in pix.

When I was course working we noticed it kept making a scraping sound every time it hit a bump. It took a minute to figure out the tongue is made of metal and scraped every time they hit a bump or braked hard.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 3:55 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Only a mental image that will live forever in my mind.

You know you missed a perfect opportunity to call the front desk and ask for that room.  If they said no one was in there you could have trashed it like a rock star.  Not that I would condone anything like that.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/25/20 4:24 p.m.


 

I know, I know. The mustang looks good. Take the 12. I only scored 11.75! 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/25/20 5:27 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

5 more concours point for losing the front plate... wink

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/25/20 7:18 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Nice meeting you and your dad.  Great job!

Shaun's Mustang was my favorite.

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/25/20 8:26 p.m.

Im bummed that we didn't get a single comment on how trashy our windshield looked sad 

  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 8:32 p.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

If it helps I said that in my head when I saw it..

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/25/20 8:35 p.m.

In reply to cruisermatt :

I thought it but didn't want to post anything about it

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/25/20 8:42 p.m.

that's much better. I would have left the original cracked windshield if I had known how minimal the tech inspection would be. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/25/20 8:58 p.m.

I am suprised it didn't melt pre cooler water...

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
10/25/20 9:02 p.m.
cruisermatt said:

that's much better. I would have left the original cracked windshield if I had known how minimal the tech inspection would be. 

Yeah, I was surprised by tech as well.  Unhappily surprised. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/26/20 8:16 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:
cruisermatt said:

that's much better. I would have left the original cracked windshield if I had known how minimal the tech inspection would be. 

Yeah, I was surprised by tech as well.  Unhappily surprised. 

Last year's tech inspector never even looked under my hood or in the trunk.  That really surprised me at the time, I was afraid my "Stampie-esque" Battery hold down would fail tech.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 12:42 p.m.

From my brother (who coincidentally is much better at photo taking than me)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/26/20 12:44 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:
Mr_Asa said:
cruisermatt said:

that's much better. I would have left the original cracked windshield if I had known how minimal the tech inspection would be. 

Yeah, I was surprised by tech as well.  Unhappily surprised. 

Last year's tech inspector never even looked under my hood or in the trunk.  That really surprised me at the time, I was afraid my "Stampie-esque" Battery hold down would fail tech.

This is me yet again offering to be a tech inspector next year.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 12:46 p.m.

And you know we had to get the roadsters together for beauty shots

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
10/26/20 1:04 p.m.

I have to ask did the owner of the trans am at leaast play the theme song to go with the car at some point during the judging?

Some very chopped out rides for very light weight this year for sure.....this year seems to be the year of the sawzaw for the win this year.

1 ... 5 6 7 8
Our Preferred Partners
P9rykbbxEVendDXfwHRnZaXLg1s7AjCNNCEOwD1N9zdDp949KBukRvFsbYagPVYL