1 ... 3 4 5
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/15/22 12:32 a.m.

If we're trash talking based on displacement, y'all are gonna have to fight with my 600cc car.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
4/15/22 2:33 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Ain't no fight, I'll jus have my lard azzed  car sit on yours. 

Now, That is trash talk'n ! 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
4/15/22 3:20 p.m.
frenchyd said:
Byrneon27 said:

Your cage is a beautifully constructed somewhat minimalist (that's a compliment too many overbuilt, overly heavy Mad Max cages in road racing these days) road racing cage. It's also missing at least two bars for any consideration in the NHRA not to mention the door bar construction doesn't fit in with what they typically see. Here's where I have an issue with the NHRA, every road racing organization I've been a part of inspects full on site with a group of tech people, NHRA is your local inspector and what he says goes (even when it's incorrect per the rule book) 

In years past the Challenge tech has been very simple taking maybe 30 seconds. In the words of the lone inspector "I can tell when somebody knows what they're doing" granted he did open the inspection with "this thing cant run fast enough to need them tires" I AM NOT SUGGESTING YOU COUNT ON THE INSPECTION BEING LIMITED  we've been arguing for real inspections for years. 

You'll find challenge competitors to be fiercely competitive and protective of the event we love but we are one of the nicest most welcoming groups in racing. I look forward to seeing your car in person, I look forward to meeting your team, I also looking forward to kicking your ass with a third the cylinders/displacement 

Now that's a fun way to trash talk.  
 So you have a 4 cylinder 108 cubic inch engine  that's gonna whoop me?    And it's cheap?    
      That I've gotta see.   Oops, no you can't.  ( sorry,  got out of my trash talking mode)  actually something the size and weight of a Lotus 7  probably could.  
  Frankly hauling around a 50 year old engine that weighs almost 800 pounds isn't really the best approach.  
      But it should be fun for the guys. 
  We'll have Jeff read the NHRA rule book and see what we're missing. I'll rewatch  Calvin's U tube video's to see  if I can pick up on it.  It's easy to add tubes at this stage.  Just roll it around on the rotisserie until it's easy access. 
        Regarding the fun?   Apparently I've irritated a couple of guys. Based on most of the comments I hear it should be fun for the guys. 

108ci $746 in the drivetrain, Ill remain vague on the hp but there is a 2, 3, and 5, in the number and they're not in the order you may expect. 1,539lb of car to push around.

You're missing tunnel bars which yes are almost completely useless in unibody cars but they do need to be there 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
4/15/22 5:47 p.m.

In reply to Byrneon27 :

According to everyone on the site The car won't be that fast. That's OK. The rules are easier.    If it is too fast it won't count except for bragging rights.  ( and trash talking). 
Thanks for telling me what we're missing.    Oh and please don't embarrass my big Ol car too bad.  
   ps. If your number winds up being 532 I'm going to try to beat you on the dyno for bragging rights. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VpCvbr09TP7pNntYW1vyAKEofnJ2aUyi1FsTnUGD4p9UCTwSiGhc8KXCGqPExAOp