Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/16 12:42 a.m.

The buyback on my Vue is hilariously low so I'm going to keep it (but not fix it!) Does anybody actually want to buy stuff from it and/or the whole car? It's a 2005 Ecotec 2.2/MT5 combo for all you Midlana builders/drivetrain swappers.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/12/16 7:30 a.m.

I'm in for the suspension upgrade goodies.
And I'll take the rear bar as well if it doesn't fubar shipping too badly.
And the map-light assembly assuming its in good shape.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
1/12/16 7:36 a.m.

How much for the 5 speed swap parts?

And/or pix/price for the whole thing.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
1/12/16 9:31 a.m.

I have interest in the suspension upgrades as well - I'll take second place in line - but shipping might kill it. I'm in Columbus, Ohio.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/12/16 9:41 a.m.

Want wheels are on it?

Javelin
1/12/16 11:18 a.m.

All - Turns out there might be a not-insubstantial fee associated with keeping it (21+ days of storage). I'm waiting to hear back from the adjuster.

The wheels are 18x7 Motegi MR7 in chrome. 2 have a little curb rash, all have flaking chrome inside the lug holes and in the barrel. The tires are Goodyear Assurance from late 2010 in really good shape with ~40% tread left.

Suspension consists of 100% new front struts, all of KYB components, with KYB inserts and Megan Racing lowering springs. Rear shocks and springs to match. The Mevotech endlinks and tie rod ends probably aren't worth taking off.

Front brakes are the PowerStop drilled/slotted/zinced rotors and matching Z16 pads with Centric calipers, maybe 6,000 miles on them.

5-Speed is in great shape, but it's the original clutch so I'd replace that if you are doing it. Has RP Synchromax in it and the shift cables and ends are brand freaking new (and $$$$$$).

Engine survived unscathed except for the filter box. Radiator and the new custom A/C condenser are trashed.

Javelin
1/12/16 4:06 p.m.

Update: Insurance already paid the storage fees, so I am buying it back!

It does drive long enough to go on/off a trailer if you want to ship it. $750 for the whole damn car, $500 without the wheels/tires.

Javelin
1/15/16 11:13 a.m.

Insurance finally settled last night, however one of my coworkers is dying to have it, so I'm selling it to him (plus easy button). If he can't fix it cheap enough, I will make sure the parts you guys want end up here.

PS - The map light is busted. Aren't they all?

calteg
calteg Dork
1/15/16 11:45 a.m.

Didn't happen to have a tan leather interior did it?

Javelin
1/15/16 11:53 a.m.

In reply to calteg:

Nope, stain-addled grey cloth.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wZ1U5pjDxwk90W8OgmTlQiPTOAVaKn7KvH4AbpZIgOYWLEVz6rB9WcgfNZiOJuhT