SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/28/08 7:21 p.m.

Pre-crash it looked like this: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/media/img/readerrides/DSC_0892.JPG (super-hi-res front 3/4 shot)

Then this happened.

Now it looks like this.

It's a 1989 VW Cabriolet, 5-speed. JH engine. No carpet; has Corrado leather seats in front. Neuspeed front lower tie bar, BBS Helios Blue RA's with Yokohama S-Drive tires, and upgrade to front GTI vented rotors and pads with roughly 3k miles on the whole lot. Also have stock silver 14" alloy wheels. Emissions sensors are all disconnected, car runs (quite well) in closed-loop off O2 sensor. Windshield wipers don't work. HVAC panel is busted up but everything seems to work; new panels are cheap on the Vortex with all switches and such included, it seems. Little bits of surface rust all over the car, some bubbling, a few holes but nothing even close to structural. Car sat outside all last winter with a smashed passenger window; I fixed it up for this year's BABE Rally where it was wrecked. Car still runs and drives; took us to New Orleans and home after the rally at 80MPH the whole way. Alignment is pretty good, amazingly; frame is crunched but it looks like the suspension components have been largely unaffected. Runs a little hot but nothing serious. Tranny grinds in third and linkage is a little wacky from the accident, but is drivable in all gears. Clutch is pretty good. Car was getting a consistent 30-35MPG on the rally. Top doesn't leak much; is patched with Gorilla Tape over rips.

Make an offer. I just want to keep the hood and mount it on my wall as a memento. (I'm also keeping the fog lights.)

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/28/08 7:47 p.m.

Look at how bad that Civic got it! Sweet story.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan New Reader
5/28/08 8:09 p.m.

looks like the civic driver is still trying to change the station. :nice:

RXBeetle
RXBeetle
5/28/08 8:09 p.m.

Slick that kicks so much ass, I saw the pics on Killboy, I missed you guys out there by one day. I stayed In Bryson City Friday night. Good luck with the sale!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/08 7:43 a.m.

Please check your mail Desmond.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi
7/3/08 9:41 p.m.

Is this gone? I could use a lot of those parts on any one of my projects! :)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/4/08 8:02 p.m.

6 Door VW

Put the mechanicals of the Cab together with this baby!

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
7/5/08 2:12 p.m.

I'm glad you're a long way away from me or that would be tempting.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/6/08 9:38 p.m.

Still available. It decided to leak out a bunch of gear oil, but that's all that's new with it. I REALLY need to get rid of this car, I'm missing out on a ton of sweet projects by having it hang out. Someone make an offer and come get it.

mk2mer
mk2mer
7/8/08 1:00 a.m.

I need those wheels! I have the Helios Jetta they go with. I can only spare a couple hundred bucks right now. Does that get the whole car?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver New Reader
7/8/08 1:16 a.m.

so whats the story on the guy hitting you? (never heard )

VG30_S12
VG30_S12 New Reader
7/8/08 8:10 a.m.

where are ya? if your not too far, i might make an offer as i need a DD, just somthing that gets good mileage and reliable

edit: ok i just looked at your profile(most people dont update it ) and yeah... id love to come and get it but i think your a bit away for me.

gl though, i'm sure someone will come and grab it...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JaEYE9remfxyIfYNkkdPaug7jlLO6Xp8kqYdHMF1z59sp02rIXr9sma7aSbRXBMS