SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/9/12 10:30 a.m.

Not mine, and unfortunately, it won't be mine....

Decent looking '87 Alfa Milano on Boston Craigslist

The maintenance costs scare me away a bit, but I've always liked these. This one looks really clean for a MA car. It would be in my driveway if it weren't for the other projects I have going on.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/9/12 10:33 a.m.

You know, there's one of these that i always see about a mile down the road from the local drag strip. Looks really clean, i should see what's up with it.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
3/9/12 12:19 p.m.

Really like the color on that, normally they are red or silver

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/12 1:38 p.m.

I'm finally off the hook on Milanos. I've recognized that I have to have a GTV6 on that platform for aesthetic reasons...

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/9/12 6:51 p.m.

Ahhh, the big ugly Italian Jetta. A former boss had a 3.1 in his, lowered and converted to big and little round headlamps, all black. I called it Vader's Alfa.

Nice car but scary maintenance.

Good price I think.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
3/10/12 2:28 a.m.

That color is quite common for the base model milanos (that one is a gold, you can tell by the seat fabric and a few other things). Maintaince isn't really scary on them at all, they are way easier to work on than say an mk2 vw. The parts can add up fast though, and some of the things necessary to make a nice daily driver aren't easily found anymore.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/10/12 5:27 p.m.
Travis_K said: The parts can add up fast though, and some of the things necessary to make a nice daily driver aren't easily found anymore.

Exactly. Not hard to work on--hard to get parts for and expensive.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
3/11/12 5:48 p.m.

Its kinda weird, some stuff is surprisingly easy to get, but other stuff, like clutch related parts, or anything to fix the HVAC, are nearly impossible to find or $$$. Other things are quite cheap, like its only $100 for a timing belt and water pump.

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 Reader
3/11/12 6:18 p.m.

This has been on CL forever in the Los Angeles area...fell in love with the Forza 4 version

GTV-6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aefnvS2WtGppVWq1qp6fbJYu6n8SWm7j5LDrHSckU5PutIJnLCj8bkux03d91Suv