The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
7/15/12 7:54 a.m.

Not mine, not affiliated in any way.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3128222393.html

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
7/15/12 8:56 a.m.

I get the feeling this person thinks they have a barn find Ferrari not a Subaru. 10K invested in a car with no engine/trans(attached) and no front sheet metal.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
7/15/12 9:17 a.m.

Yeah, I hate when they say "Make me an Offer", because what I want to give you is not what you want.

Plus, what did the $10k go to? I can't believe someone spent that on a 2.5 RS and it looks completely stock.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/12 10:21 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Yeah, I hate when they say "Make me an Offer", because what I want to give you is not what you want. Plus, what did the $10k go to? I can't believe someone spent that on a 2.5 RS and it looks completely stock.

Payment book...

corytate
corytate Dork
7/15/12 9:42 p.m.

I'd trade my datsun for it, as it sits right now, but that's about as far as I'd go.
Maybe he bought the car a few years ago for 10k, then disassembled it.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/12 9:58 p.m.

Someone told me that model year 2001 coupes were rare, especially in World Rally Blue.

When I was told this, there was one for sale on the local Subaru forum, and a friend of mine had just picked one up.

All the same, you can tell that it's never been rallycrossed. The rocker panel cladding is still attached.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
7/16/12 5:37 p.m.
Knurled wrote: Someone told me that model year 2001 coupes were rare, especially in World Rally Blue.

It's Blue Ridge Pearl(darker than WRB), and you've been misled. Sedans were more scarce than coupes, and rarest is the green(Acadian?) '98 RS. Can you tell I drive Subarus and have no life whatsoever?

sachilles
sachilles Dork
7/17/12 3:04 p.m.

It is hard to tell with such high quality photographic work, but it looks like the bare chassis up front is a different color than the rear. Making it a re-spray.

For what it was worth I rallycrossed the hell out of mine and the rocker panels were still attached.

yamaha
yamaha Reader
7/17/12 3:07 p.m.

Someone offer him treefiddy.......its a roller, nothing more

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
7/18/12 9:23 p.m.

He may have neglected to post pictures of the drivetrain and suspension parts piles. Perhaps an STI drivtrain is lurking just to the left.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CPfvg8zojLb9Ums2FlQ5ZUjeHoi0p8WnArfJjhu1RndiD5BImbPADDv9Vd15zvtj